FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Polishing Mbrp Exhaust Tip...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the inside of my exhaust tip is starting to corrode a little, and I was wondering if there is anything out there that I could use to polish the entire tip with that will protect and/or not damage the finish...any ideas?
I use rim polish (metal polish) on my magnaflow tip.
is it a chrome or stainless tip?
if it's stainless, i use medium and then fine grade "Scotch Brite" scouring pads. it gives you the brushed metal look which is far easier to maintain than polishing the tip with metal polish.
If I recall when I had mine its stainless steel. Mitch's recommendation is best for this application
It's t304 SS same as the rest of the system...all of it's polished too...wondering how I can maintain the polished look and get rid of the corrosion staining in the inside edge of the tip. Would silvo or Brasso work? I don't know if I wanna scour the peice...hmmm thanks for the ideas though so far....'preciate it
AutoSol is my choice, works on plenty of things, even lights! after that if its not shiny enough i use compound and wax!!
Mothers mag and aluminum polish? I use it on my intake, works rele well!
if there is raised rust rather than surface tarnish then you have to scour first. if it's just surface then you might be able to get away with just polish
if you want a mirrored look, scour ait nd then hit it up with a fine cut-wax and then a quality polish for the best possible end result.