FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Saabs May Get A Bit More Sexier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GM agrees Saab sale to Koenigsegg:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8102432.stm
Or Koensigg whatever it's called will get a bit frumpier. Apparently, from what I've read, Volvo owns a miniscule part of SAAB
I love the news headlines, "GM Sells Saab to Obscure manufacturer"...

Good for Saab, I hope...
Bad for people who have warranty left on their SAAB however methinks <_<

This mornings business report on Fan590 had SAAB at around 4,000 employees and Koenigsegg at 80 IIRC.

Makes me real leery of buying what may turn out to be a SAAB Story :P

NefCanuck

In a weird twist of fate, if Koenigsegg completes the purchase of Saab from General Motors, Volvo will also become a small stakeholder in its native rival. Koenigsegg, which has reportedly signed a letter of intent with GM to acquire Saab, gave Volvo 3,750 shares back in 2000 to pay for the use of its wind tunnel.

Volvo's stake in the exotic carmaker is very small, worth only about 8,000 Swedish kronor (€760 or $1,022 USD according to current exchange rates). Nevertheless, Volvo is on the books as part owner of Koenigsegg, and if the sale of Saab goes through, it will become a stakeholder by association – unless it divests itself of its Koenigsegg stock.

All of this must mean very little to Volvo, as a spokesperson for the company was completely unaware of his employer's holdings in Koenigsegg when asked about it by the Swedish business daily Dagens Industri.

[Source: SwedishWire.com]
NefCanuck,Jun 16 2009, 12:32 PM Wrote:............ SAAB Story :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289585[/snapback][/right]

Link no worky...............oh wait that was supposed to be a pun(?), my mistake :P
2001 ZTS,Jun 16 2009, 01:59 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 16 2009, 12:32 PM Wrote:............ SAAB Story :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289585[/snapback][/right]

Link no worky...............oh wait that was supposed to be a pun(?), my mistake :P
[right][snapback]289597[/snapback][/right]

That it was sailor, but it's no wonder it went over your head, my humour tends to be a little, well, "dry" :rofl:

SAAB - Swedish for "kiss you warranty goodbye" (not to mention your ass when something breaks) :lol:

NefCanuck
But the Turbo-X is absolutely sinister...I'd love to have one, especially the Combi/Wagon...
What will happen to the SAAB/Subaru mix?
The Subaru connection is going to pretty much cease altogether...
They stopped selling them years ago, 2005 & 2006 were the only model years if I remember right