FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vw Phaeton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across one in the parking lot at Home Depot. It's "nice" but a VW more than $100G? Wow, there are so many other cars I'd pick before that.
2001 ZTS,Sep 18 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:I came across one in the parking lot at Home Depot. It's "nice" but a VW more than $100G? Wow, there are so many other cars I'd pick before that.
[right][snapback]142936[/snapback][/right]
No Kidding, supersize my Passat and add 50g's. Im not really into the Luxo liners but I wouldnt pay $100g's from the company who makes the beetle:)

David
The V8 version on the Phaeton is less than $80k... it's just the W12 that's $100k+
sit in the car and tell me you don't like it or better yet give it a ride. I was at the audi dealership not to long ago and I was looking at the Audi A8 with the aircraft aluminum chassis. ANyways, one of the sales person comes up and says "you wanna test drive it" I was like your joking right. He said "no, here's the keys lets just get your drives ID and were off :P
But why a VW? I mean why not just restyle it, and slap an Audi badge on the thing?
Raine,Sep 18 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:The V8 version on the Phaeton is less than $80k... it's just the W12 that's $100k+
[right][snapback]142943[/snapback][/right]

I think those are US prices. The Canadian MSRP's are $99-$143 thousand:

http://www.vw.ca/vwca/models/build/0,2264,52,00.html

wow 140k for a s**t load of problems...

Now matter how you slice salami....it's still salami.
I dobut this one has problems. The car is built in Germany on one of the most state of the art assembly lines.

For the price its not worth it, I'd rather have a 7 series bimmer.
Make: VOLKSWAGEN
Model: PHAETON
Affected Year(s): 2004
Units Affected: 2872
TC Recall #: 2004187
Manufacturer:
Campaign Code:

Recall Details
Certain vehicles do not comply with the requirements of CMVSS 114. The steering wheel does not lock when the key is removed from the ignition switch using the optionally provided override device that permits key removal in the event of electrical system failure or when the transmission is not in the PARK position.

:lol:
2001 ZTS,Sep 18 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:Make: VOLKSWAGEN
Manufacturer: 
Campaign Code: 

Recall Details
Certain vehicles do not comply with the requirements of CMVSS 114. The steering wheel does not lock when the key is removed from the ignition switch using the optionally provided override device that permits key removal in the event of electrical system failure or when the transmission is not in the PARK position.

[right][snapback]142960[/snapback][/right]

Bwahahahahahhahaha!!!!! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Sep 18 2005, 08:10 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 18 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:Make: VOLKSWAGEN
Manufacturer: 
Campaign Code:  

Recall Details

[right][snapback]142960[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]142987[/snapback][/right]

I dont get it..
ANTHONYD,Sep 18 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:wow 140k for a s**t load of problems...

[right][snapback]142952[/snapback][/right]

And Ford is what "mock chicken" - no recalls/problems with Ford products :rolleyes: All cars have there problems.
dlb,Sep 18 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 18 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:wow 140k for a s**t load of problems...

[right][snapback]142952[/snapback][/right]

And Ford is what "mock chicken" - no recalls/problems with Ford products :rolleyes: All cars have there problems.
[right][snapback]142995[/snapback][/right]

*waits for dlb to pull up the Ford GT recalls*

Dollar value wise, there is no excuse for that car to have recalls. You can buy a much better vehicle for that price.
Yeah I remember reading something about these things, they are hand built apperently........

but yeah over 100g for a car no way......... I'd rather buy a house.
Frost__2001,Sep 18 2005, 09:17 PM Wrote:but yeah over 100g for a car no way......... I'd rather buy a house.
[right][snapback]143003[/snapback][/right]

Part of a house you mean, unless you live in Saskatewan in which case you could buy four. I'll be lucky if my divorce costs less than 100G. I'd rather buy a Maserati or sailboat personnaly.
I always thought it was called a Phantom???
i'd expect no recalls for a vehicle that cost more than 70k.
paolo,Sep 18 2005, 10:39 PM Wrote:I always thought it was called a Phantom???
[right][snapback]143020[/snapback][/right]

A Phaeton is a fancy word for a type of horse drawn carriage, so is "sedan" BTW. Just from the look of the word it probably dates back to Ancient Rome.
FocusGuy7476,Sep 18 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:i'd expect no recalls for a vehicle that cost more than 70k.
[right][snapback]143030[/snapback][/right]

and what is the name of your fantasy island called again? :rolleyes:
buying a 100K VW is like buying a 100K honda. People still see the badge and say "meh, its only a VW or Honda".

Now you buy the lowest model BMW, Bently or another luxury car and people recognize it.

Buying a car is like buying a watch. You can buy the most expensive timex on the market however it is no match for the cheapest rolex.