FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Do I Know....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
....if my motor mounts are gone? When I drive my car I get this clunking sound evertime I lift off the clutch quickly as if I'm taking off in a drag race. I got the car checked by my mechanic and all he found was a broken sway bar endlink. He replaced it and the clunking is still there. It seems to be coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. What do you guys think?
manual or auto?

if its an auto you can check it with the car in drive and your foot firmly pressed on the brake pedal .. give it a shot of gas and have a friend watch to see if there is MAJOR movement of the engine

on a manual .. with the emergency brake on and the car in gear .. have a friend watch the motor .. slowly release the clutch a little and you should be able to tell if the motor is moving drasticly

edit: sorry missed the part in your post when you said the word clutch .. dead giveaway
Well the motor does move, but I'm not sure what you mean by alot. It's subjective. If say they are shot, how much work and money is required to fix it?
there fairly easy to replace .. and if you do replace them get the aftermarket poly ones from steeda or focussport ... we could change them when we do the swap if you can wait that long
Are we just talking about the bushings or am I in need of entirely new mounts, assuming that's the problem? What are they worth?
i'm not 100% sure if you can just get bushings for the upper mount on the passanger side, but i know you can for the lower mount.

Check Steeda for prices