FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help..asap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I live in bancroft that should enplane all of this....... and today i was eying up a new fishing hole.. lol

i was driving down a fairly good road/trail like it was fine if you were going like 20kph. there was several puddles all like 4-5in deep..

so its all good at this point i keep going now like 5k in the bush. i go through the last puddle and it ends up being like 2ft deep and muddy.

i get stuck. still not a big deal the water is only up to the side skirts/bottom of car.. so me and my buddy hike out to the mane road.

then hitch a ride to one of my other buddy houses we get his truck come back like 2-3h later and the car is sunk lower and full of water. there was 4-5in of water inside the car. :(

still not that bad we get it out and i drive my soggy focus to the mane road. just as i meet the mane road it starts to sputter and dies.

now it will not start. so i call CAA they tow it to a shop and that's where she sits....

-i checked the air filter only slightly damp

-plugs and all connections not wet

-no water in oil

-fuel pump primes

-the car will turn on and role over but will not start

-all electronics appear to work fine

where is any impotent components located inside the car that is low and could of got wet?

any ideas on what could be wrong?

Help please..

Do you have cold air intake?
nope stock
your ECU is located on passenger side, lower bottom sort of behind/below glove box on the right side.
Maybe the Fuel pump shut off was triggered?
ALTERNATOR.
Can't get them wet even if it's a little bit. That would explain your start but no go.
I know what it is. You took your Focus off the road.
Scorcher000,Jun 15 2009, 07:19 AM Wrote:ALTERNATOR.
Can't get them wet even if it's a little bit. That would explain your start but no go.
[right][snapback]289479[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm......He didn't sink the car that low though.
Could be a write off with water damage. Go thru insurance if the car is that messed up.
oldeguy,Jun 15 2009, 11:18 AM Wrote:Maybe the Fuel pump shut off was triggered?
[right][snapback]289477[/snapback][/right]

checked that
ZX3_2NV,Jun 15 2009, 01:36 PM Wrote:Could be a write off with water damage. Go thru insurance if the car is that messed up.
[right][snapback]289483[/snapback][/right]

dont say that. :( :(

i don't think its that bad like if the ecu got wet it should of died right away. and the water damage to the inside isnt that bad.

Focus man, Focus.,Jun 15 2009, 09:28 AM Wrote:I know what it is.  You took your Focus off the road.
[right][snapback]289481[/snapback][/right]

Yup, I agree. I have always tried to avoid puddles.
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2009, 08:35 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289482[/snapback][/right]

It only needs a little water while it's running, to short out the diodes in the alternator. Thats why you should never spray down your engine with it running and the alternator uncovered.
Scorcher000,Jun 15 2009, 02:16 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jun 15 2009, 08:35 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289482[/snapback][/right]

It only needs a little water while it's running, to short out the diodes in the alternator. Thats why you should never spray down your engine with it running and the alternator uncovered.
[right][snapback]289487[/snapback][/right]

i was just talking to my buddy at ford. ant the car cant go in to the shop tell maby tomorrow. and he told me that is was very unlikely the alternator was the problem.
Well all I can say is go to Parts Source and rent out a load tester and check the voltage coming out of the battery and the alternator. Other than that I have to clue.
I wouldn't think it's the alternator -- otherwise, the car WOULD start -- it just wouldn't run for very long until the battery died.

You may want to check and make sure your engine's ground hasn't come loose or corroded.

Another likely candidate could be water sucked up and fouled or burnt out the MAF. or maybe there's damage to the crank position sensor?

To make sure the computer is still ok, try turning the key from off to on, and see if the guages do their usual initialization routine.

Hopefully whatever you did is nothing major.. good luck with the car.
good news

I just found out that they got my car in today and they fixed it.

The canister purge valve hose came off and sucked water in to the tank.

They drained gas tank and now she runs.

so at least its not dead. but it is verry soggy still. :( :(

focus is gutted and carpet it out drying...

:D :D
.....alternator my aazzzzzzzz
Good to hear you got it fixed.
Why the hell would the hose come off?
Nik, what hell
Quote:.....alternator my aazzzzzzzz

I don't say s*** about your comments <_< , so I expect the same in return.
Pages: 1 2