FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Me Pick A Car.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That may be true, but my car doesnt move at all. it has a faulty clutch!
Way to be faster than a broken car puppet, I congradulate you.

And meford... what kind of cheese is that..

Haha, i wanted a cobra so bad... now i dont even want to look at one. If i dont go to subaru i think i'll go to my dodge roots

Oh yeah, i found an awesome g35... not really out of my price range, but i wanna go back to school, so nothing expensive
03 G35 - Blue - 38km - 26900
SVT ZX3,Sep 16 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:You won't find a used G35 ....
[right][snapback]142629[/snapback][/right]

Wanna make a bet?

Go look on Autotrader and search for used G35's in All of Ontario. I did a quick search between 20-25K, I got 20 matches. Granted some have higher KM's that some would hope for, but its probably more reliable with 100 000Km than Steves SVT anyways. :lol: :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 16 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:

Wanna make a bet?

Go look on Autotrader and search for used G35's in All of Ontario. I did a quick search between 20-25K, I got 20 matches.
[right][snapback]142647[/snapback][/right]
matches? i though tyou were looking for G35s? :lol:
lol... srt4's are ghey... sorry don

No rear power windows... WTF is that.
Flofocus,Sep 16 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:

Wanna make a bet?

Go look on Autotrader and search for used G35's in All of Ontario. I did a quick search between 20-25K, I got 20 matches. Granted some have higher KM's that some would hope for, but its probably more reliable with 100 000Km than Steves SVT anyways. :lol: :lol:

Canadatrader.com search across Canada-4 matches, none under 23k, and 2 of them have almost 100,000km on them. 2 year old car with 100,000? No thanks! Same for all those ON cars, almost everyone of those have 95K or moreFlo, your brain must be taking a while to spool up!
Used WRX wagon is your only choice even if it means waiting a bit to find the right one.

Good choice picking the wagon much less chance it has had any abuse though I have no reason to believe it can't take abuse based on my personal experience. I'd stay away from blue ones because that is an indication that the owner fancied himself a WRC driver.

I wouldn't worry too much about a high milage one or not as much as I would with any another car.

Another choice, used turbo Audi?
scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:lol... srt4's are ghey... sorry don

No rear power windows... WTF is that.
[right][snapback]142649[/snapback][/right]

no rear power windows for 100 extra horsepower... there are tradeoffs in this world I guess.

I'm not sure how well they can handle, but they make more power more easily than any focus I know...
SVT ZX3,Sep 16 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:

Wanna make a bet?

Canadatrader.com search across Canada-4 matches, none under 23k, and 2 of them have almost 100,000km on them. 2 year old car with 100,000? No thanks! Same for all those ON cars, almost everyone of those have 95K or more. Maybe your thought he should buy this one?

Flo, your brain must be taking a while to spool up!
[right][snapback]142654[/snapback][/right]

Why?

You said he couldnt get one for that price range, you just proved yourself wrong by posting this. 95K or 150K, I said used. So did you. Is a car with 100K not used? :rolleyes:

PS: http://www.trader.ca/search/Results.asp?BF...category=&CAT=1
Quote:is there Mini Cooper S in your price range.

scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:I might be able to find one. but i dont think i'm mini enough for it...
[right][snapback]142589[/snapback][/right]

My buddy (6'2") sat in one at the autoshow and he actually had to move the seat closer so he could reach the pedals. :o

The sticker on the Mini Cooper S Works edition (supercharged w/intercooler) was $46,000, might be a little rich.
Flofocus,Sep 16 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Sep 16 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:

Wanna make a bet?

Canadatrader.com search across Canada-4 matches, none under 23k, and 2 of them have almost 100,000km on them. 2 year old car with 100,000? No thanks! Same for all those ON cars, almost everyone of those have 95K or more. Maybe your thought he should buy this one?

Flo, your brain must be taking a while to spool up!
[right][snapback]142654[/snapback][/right]

Why?

You said he couldnt get one for that price range, you just proved yourself wrong by posting this. 95K or 150K, I said used. So did you. Is a car with 100K not used? :rolleyes:

PS: http://www.trader.ca/search/Results.asp?BF...category=&CAT=1
[right][snapback]142658[/snapback][/right]

Looks like I've been proved wrong. :(

P.S. Yea, I know the link, I was having trouble with it.
2001 ZTS,Sep 16 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:Used WRX wagon is your only choice even if it means waiting a bit to find the right one.

Good choice picking the wagon much less chance it has had any abuse though I have no reason to believe it can't take abuse based on my personal experience. I'd stay away from blue ones because that is an indication that the owner fancied himself a WRC driver.

I wouldn't worry too much about a high milage one or not as much as I would with any another car.

[right][snapback]142655[/snapback][/right]

I'd love a used a4 1.8t... but never in my wildest dreams could i afford to repair it when it breaks..
800.00 balljoints :(

I'll be looking at something with 70km or less... something more or less around what my car has.

Theres some very tempting SRT options in the trader. An 04 with 15km for 20,500. or another one, not sure on the km but its at a dealer for 20,800

The ghettoness of the interior horrifys me... not to mention i'd need to drop like 100lbs to comfortably fit in the seats.
scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 16 2005, 03:21 PM Wrote:Used WRX wagon is your only choice even if it means waiting a bit to find the right one.

[right][snapback]142655[/snapback][/right]

I'd love a used a4 1.8t... but never in my wildest dreams could i afford to repair it when it breaks..
800.00 balljoints :(

I'll be looking at something with 70km or less... something more or less around what my car has.

Theres some very tempting SRT options in the trader. An 04 with 15km for 20,500. or another one, not sure on the km but its at a dealer for 20,800

The ghettoness of the interior horrifys me... not to mention i'd need to drop like 100lbs to comfortably fit in the seats.
[right][snapback]142665[/snapback][/right]

You mean you wouldn't want a 2 year old car with 150k? I can't image :rolleyes:
I guess some people think that's acceptable.
I do heavy milage... 60km per year, so i dont think i should ruin another new car.
scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:I do heavy milage... 60km per year, so i dont think i should ruin another new car.
[right][snapback]142669[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, you're really between a rock and a hard place. If you go used, even if the thing was absolutely pampered, it's used and that much closer to needing repairs as parts get used up.

I'd say a used Honda Accord would be an option but you'd better be prepared to pay maintenance costs on it. Even Hondas need it when the mileage piles on (Last bill before my boss dumped his '93 Accord with 410,000KM was $1,000 IIRC)

I'm still thinking you should aim new and just get an extended warranty on the sucker, but that's just me and as for new choices, at $23K there isn't much that isn't the low end of the automotive food chain...

NefCanuck
I definatley will never buy another NEW car again. until i stop such a long commute, it doesnt make sense to pay full pop for a new car. and kill it within 3 years.

65km on the focus. thats 60k in 13 months of the car on the road...

not to mention the 20km i put on the acclaim over the winter.

I'll gladly get a subaru with 55km or something like that. i'd jsut go over to the subaru dealership. throw a cheap powertrain warranty on it. and leave it at that.

with the amount of aftermarket parts for that car, theres not too much i'll have to go back to the dealership on.
scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:with the amount of aftermarket parts for that car, theres not too much i'll have to go back to the dealership on.
[right][snapback]142673[/snapback][/right]

Other than wheels and tires I have yet to do one performance mod in the 2-1/2 years I've had it. There is just no need. If you get one just leave the engine alone.
yup, i really dont plan to do too much if i get one, probably a turbo back exhaust, possibly change the intercooler. (factory STI)

hey ZTS... what was that cool little gauge gadget you have on yours. where did you get it (the digital display gage computer) ... do you have a site for it ?
First off not cheap. It only makes sense to get it if you were planning to get a half dozen traditional gauges, only then does it begin to make sense.

[Image: Picture.jpg]

Link to manufacturer:

http://www.psi3.co.uk/products.html

The "flash demo" is pretty cool.
Wow, it is pretty awesome though. Expensive too.

All the features make it worth it although it definatley wouldnt be my first mod.

Seems like a necessity for someone with a heavily modified wrx.
SVT ZX3,Sep 16 2005, 04:12 PM Wrote:You mean you wouldn't want a 2 year old car with 150k? I can't image :rolleyes:
I guess some people think that's acceptable.
[right][snapback]142668[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

The ones I showed you were all under 110K

And yeah, after buying new, I think buying used is compeletely acceptable.

Buying new is the worse things I could have done with the focus. Never will do it again.

Again, I'll say it....A used Infinity G35 with 90K is probably a LOT more reliable than a focus SVT with 10 000L, on it. :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2 3