FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Been There?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup, my second home the past two years.
2001 ZTS,Sep 15 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:Yup, my second home the past two years.
[right][snapback]142426[/snapback][/right]

You Bored?
Drove the Renouse (sp?) highway in the middle of the night a few years back....

WOW is it ever dark in the middle of that province.

Saw a TONNE of Moose as well. Almost hit one too.
never been there, but i have been bowling before
crazikev,Sep 16 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:never been there, but i have been bowling before
[right][snapback]142489[/snapback][/right]

HAHA A forum for me and firetent :lol:

I am glad u all love my little province hehe B)
I've been to this province a few times, many summers from 1985 leading up to 1989, 1990, 1992, 2000. Enjoyed it each time I was there, it's where I learned my Acadian french from my aunt and uncle. I have quite a few fond memoires related to the summers on the northen eastern coast of the province, Not to mention I lived in Mocton in 1990, and Fredricton......
Went there this past summer :D
Frost__2001,Sep 17 2005, 04:00 AM Wrote:I've been to this province a few times, many summers from 1985 leading up to 1989, 1990, 1992, 2000. Enjoyed it each time I was there, it's where I learned my Acadian french from my aunt and uncle. I have quite a few fond memoires related to the summers on the northen eastern coast of the province, Not to mention I lived in Mocton in 1990, and Fredricton......
[right][snapback]142766[/snapback][/right]

You should visit moncton now :blink: it's crazy down there now
Brother lived in Saint Johns and we visited once in 99
My dad was actually born in Saint John but moved back to Glasgow with the family during the depression (30's depression not 80's one BTW). I've visited a few times during my "sailing career" by water and most recently by being manager of a vessel charter agreement with Irving Oil.

We may be extending for another two years.
2001 ZTS,Sep 17 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:My dad was actually born in Saint John but moved back to Glasgow with the family during the depression (30's depression not 80's one BTW). I've visited a few times during my "sailing career" by water and most recently by being manager of a vessel charter agreement with Irving Oil.

We may be extending for another two years.
[right][snapback]142868[/snapback][/right]

Good oll irving B)

so do yah like it down here, what do you and what don't you like? since u been here alot in the last little while i might as well ask :)
I don't remember saying I liked it? :lol:

Just kidding there is some nice spots. I stayed along "Long Reach" years ago, very nice. West side of Saint John though.............

I spent a month last year supervising repairs to a ship and our lay by berth was over by the Atlantic Towing dock next to a warehouse that stored "fish meal" fertilizer. I can't describe the smell.

You and me are probably the only people here with SJ bridge tokens rolling around in the armrest of their cars.

2001 ZTS,Sep 19 2005, 01:08 AM Wrote:I don't remember saying I liked it? :lol:

Just kidding there is some nice spots. I stayed along "Long Reach" years ago, very nice. West side of Saint John though.............

I spent a month last year supervising repairs to a ship and our lay by berth was over by the Atlantic Towing dock next to a warehouse that stored "fish meal" fertilizer. I can't describe the smell.

You and me are probably the only people here with SJ bridge tokens rolling around in the armrest of their cars.
[right][snapback]143025[/snapback][/right]

LOL i remember those damn tokens :lol: My buddy had a crap load of them or quaters ready to go at a moments notice when we hit the toll's :D It was fun when 4 of us didn't have any money on us, gotta run through the toll :lol: SJ have a very distinctive smell, and the FOG :lol: One day we were taking the highway out headin toward fredericton and it was foggy as hell in SJ once we left the city limits and boom no more fog, we look back and it's a wall of fog straight up and down. Crazy stuff, weird city i tell yah. The east side isn't so bad but the west side is like hell
I just found out we have our own region on here now ... Sweet.

Now if we can get some fellow NB'ers in here and maybe have a little meet that would be even Sweet'er
FireTent,Oct 2 2005, 07:14 AM Wrote:I just found out we have our own region on here now ... Sweet.

Now if we can get some fellow NB'ers in here and maybe have a little meet that would be even Sweet'er
[right][snapback]146080[/snapback][/right]

I will bring the tempo :lol:

Hey i seen a few modded foci in bathurst besides focus 1974. Some dude with a green wagon, had rims and stuff on it and stopped in at the local ricer shop to talk when i was there with a friend when he was gettin ricer lights put on :D

I never mentioned focuscanada to him though, i should off.
I heard its really nice there great wetaher
ive been to NB

there is a little hill in Moncton where the water flowed up the hill!!

that was cool

but i was young!

Yeah, I want to Moncton there.

Oh my god, I went to a restaurant there, and I wanted to take a magazine home on the way back from NFLD... everything was in friggin' french! I was mad. I didn't know it was THAT french there.
arent they the only province with 2 official languages?

There are a few areas in NB where French comes first. Take a visit to Grand Falls...... I'll stick to SJ. Lived here most of my life. Not as much fun as BC, but I can't complain too much. There are a few modded Foci in the city.
Pages: 1 2