FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "i'm A Stranger Here"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
need a new suspension system. the stock suspension is a joke for spirited driving. maybe your sidewall also roll in addition to the softness of the oem suspension. add more pressure.
Running 32 PSI on stock suspension with 215 40 R17 General Exclaim UHP Extra Load Side Walls. No chance of them bending believe me. I rode with one of them flat (5 psi left) for about 5 days and never even ruined the belts. It's all in the stock sport tuned suspesion. But untill I get some cash, this is how I roll.
Could also be if there is a change in road material.
some pavement can be very slippery when even slightly damp
I had this issue last year with my car. I could actually feel the car the almost leave the road at times.

Have you had the end links looked at in the FRONT of the car?

I went in and took a look at mine, and they were out of their joints. this added another 1/4 inch drop in the front end. I was starting to notice nice little rake on my car :P

I had the end links replaced and the problem, from what I can see / feel has gone away.

Hope this helps.

a.
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2009, 09:54 AM Wrote:I had this issue last year with my car. I could actually feel the car the almost leave the road at times.

Have you had the end links looked at in the FRONT of the car?

I went in and took a look at mine, and they were out of their joints. this added another 1/4 inch drop in the front end. I was starting to notice nice little rake on my car :P

I had the end links  replaced and the problem, from what I can see / feel has gone away.

Hope this helps.

a.
[right][snapback]289464[/snapback][/right]

I second this....

My Dad's zx5 was doing the same thing, felt like the ass end would give out if i took a corner too hard :o

Just installed new front end links, Get MOOG they are nice! we got ours at around $28 each
I have the same problem. Car is even thrown at low speeds around 20-30 km/h. However i don't have a rear swaybar and front endlinks were recently replaced and checked this weekend. Replaced with OEM.

I think that my shocks are going out. When have you guys replaced your shocks/struts ?
malim,Jun 15 2009, 05:29 PM Wrote:I have the same problem. Car is even thrown at low speeds around 20-30 km/h. However i don't have a rear swaybar and front endlinks were recently replaced and checked this weekend. Replaced with OEM.

I think that my shocks are going out. When have you guys replaced your shocks/struts ?
[right][snapback]289515[/snapback][/right]

7 years, 160,000+KMS, Eibach Prokit = Stock Struts.
This problem sounds like what the passive rear steering does.

passive rear steering adds toe in when the spring is compressed. If you hit a significant bump or frost heave, your suspension will travel alot and you get a lot more toe suddenly, this can have the effect of shifting the car side to side. this should be more noticable on wet pavement (lower traction)

to the OP, you siad u had a 4 wheel alignment. what exactly was the specs the aligned to? (what was the rear toe?) the spec for a focus is too broad. ie. it can be "on spec" and still be quite screwed up.

what im getting at is: if you have too much rear toe-in, and hit a bump that gives you a lot more toe, then the car gets squirely. i would recomend a maximum of 1/8" combined rear toe in. minimum 0 rear toe. this way when u hit a bump, the toe added via passive rear steer is not outside of "on spec"

Pages: 1 2