FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Want To Know What Went Right And What Went Wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody else getting sick of hearing this....

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/Article...?hub=topstories
thats guy is the biggest sack of s**t.

He knows he f'd up and now hes admitting it to try and keep some people on his side.
I was watching CNN last night about the Katrina disaster and they were discussing the evacuation efforts. Apparently the NO police told people that they could no longer go to the convention centre or the SuperDome and they must now exit NO and cross a rather large bridge where they would be buses waiting to take the people to safe locations. When they crossed the bridge the police from the neighbouring town, another jurisdiction, said there were no buses and the people should go back to NO, shooting off their rifles in the air and forcing the evacuee's back into the storm. People had to camp out on the bridge during the storm. Once the worst part of the storm was over, the police came by and took their food and water to force them off the bridge and back to the flooded areas of NO.
It's nice to know we aren't as fuked up as this s**t has turned into.
meford4u,Sep 13 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:I was watching CNN last night about the Katrina disaster and they were discussing the evacuation efforts.  Apparently the NO police told people that they could no longer go to the convention centre or the SuperDome and they must now exit NO and cross a rather large bridge where they would be buses waiting to take the people to safe locations.  When they crossed the bridge the police from the neighbouring town, another jurisdiction, said there were no buses and the people should go back to NO, shooting off their rifles in the air and forcing the evacuee's back into the storm.  People had to camp out on the bridge during the storm.  Once the worst part of the storm was over, the police came by and took their food and water to force them off the bridge and back to the flooded areas of NO.
It's nice to know we aren't as fuked up as this s**t has turned into.
[right][snapback]141658[/snapback][/right]

good thing we live in Canada, i think this just showed how ignorante and selfish the american's are
I dunno fellas.

Can you really say Canada would have done a better job at an evacuation than the U.S.

I'm not defending the U.S. in anyway, believe me. But until we are faced with a disaster of this magnatude, it's easy to point fingers.

Whats even funnier....

Go on FJ and the guncrazies are still convinved that having there guns for 'law abiding citizens' was essential here. The people shootting at the rescuers and help are not 'law abiding citizens'. This is how they argue why they're guns have to stay. <_< :lol: Simply nuts, I would honestly have to be brought up in the States to understand their thinking on guns.....

I dont see this happening in Canada, maybe a few wackos but I'd kill them with my sling shot right away. :lol: :P :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 13 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:Whats even funnier....

Go on FJ
[right][snapback]141671[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could....there's bound to be some real gold! :angry: :(
ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:I dunno fellas.

Can you really say Canada would have done a better job at an evacuation than the U.S.

I'm not defending the U.S. in anyway, believe me. But until we are faced with a disaster of this magnatude, it's easy to point fingers.
[right][snapback]141666[/snapback][/right]

We would have done better. We have a smaller population to deal with and when the weather network tells us s**t is brewing, we would listen, not stand around and do nothing.

Ice storm: A military helicopter was piking up my father at the towns Ice hockey Arena 1 day after the storm hit and power started being kocked out.

He had his men were ready to go in less than 24 hours, granted what happned in NO is much worse than our pussy ice storm.
ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:I dunno fellas.

Mississauga Train wreck about 30 years ago evacuated a quarter million with essential zero notice and there was no formal emergency prepairedness like we supposedly have now in a post 9/11 world.

Everyone left, every house checked, nobody got hurt and nothing got stolen.

Go Mississauga!....

and to this day it still isnt a big deal.... because there were no major fuckups i guess.
2001 ZTS,Sep 13 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:I dunno fellas.

Mississauga Train wreck about 30 years ago evacuated a quarter million with essential zero notice and there was no formal emergency prepairedness like we supposedly have now in a post 9/11 world.

Everyone left, every house checked, nobody got hurt and nothing got stolen.
[right][snapback]141680[/snapback][/right]

You got me there.

I forgot about that Andrew.

Apparently it was one of the most succesfull evacuations ever carried out..
^-- they call it the mississauga miracle for just that reason! :P

there was some problems when the power went out in 2003, nothing THAT major tho.

And canada would have been there 4 days before FEMA had Bush gotten over his arrogance and allowed help to arrive.
darkpuppet,Sep 13 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:And canada would have been there 4 days before FEMA had Bush gotten over his arrogance and allowed help to arrive.
[right][snapback]141694[/snapback][/right]

And that snaother thing....if Canada knew we wouldnt be able to do it ourselves, we would ask for help pretty quickly.
they have Linemen from Hydro One going down there for fawk sakes. They can't get anybody closer than 3000miles i guess?
There was an article in the paper that I agreed with. Are we prepaired for Canada biggest potential disaster.........a high magnitude earthquake in Vancouver?

02ztsian

darkpuppet,Sep 13 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:there was some problems when the power went out in 2003, nothing THAT major tho. 

[right][snapback]141694[/snapback][/right]

If I remember correctly, early on in the blackout the U.S. claimed the blackout started in Canada, when it turned out to have originated in Ohio......
randomly reading the news and hearing about this on the radio on the way to work, supposedly the situation was very lawless everywhere.. like women were getting sexually assualted on the streets and in the evacuation centers and there was just no way to police it.. people forming gangs in the evacuation centers and intimidating others..

dunno what it is.. maybe americans really are just fucktards? or maybe it was that certain subset of america (poor) that was affected?

makes me kinda glad i still have my canadian passport and the option to bail out of here
Smaller magnitude but same idea on how we did. Red River flood in Manitoba? Anyone remember how the military acted quickly to stop the flooding? Hmmmmmmmmmmm???

Sorry, we would do a better job. And ask for help ASAP.
I'm not at all suprised he took the blame for it though, I'm suprised that he didn't take it sooner. like what took so long ?
Bush is a piece of s**t...and I hope the the people that voted for him are in shame.
Pages: 1 2