FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help Finding Info On The Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nedd help on info for the intake cam gear on the SVT

Question

When re-placing the timing belt or istalling a acm gear, on the intake side with the VCT,

A. install belt with intake cam gear at resting postion
B. pre-load the intake cam gear then install the belt

2nd

Advance timing on the exhaust cam gear

A. is against the rotation of the belt
B. with the rotation of the belt
intake or exhaust doesnt matter, Retard is clockwise, and advance is counter-clockwise

as for the replacement of the camgear on the vct side, I would assume that you dont wanna move the cam at all when installing it. but its a guess on this one dean.

hope this help.
french_connection,Sep 12 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:intake or exhaust doesnt matter, Retard is clockwise, and advance is counter-clockwise

as for the replacement of the camgear on the vct side, I would assume that you dont wanna move the cam at all when installing it.  but its a guess on this one dean.

hope this help.
[right][snapback]141384[/snapback][/right]

thanks mark

Just to fill you in I am not replacing the intake gear but i did do the exhaust
the intakegear moves cuz of the VCT (the cam shaft is locked down with the cam istall tool and does not move, just the gear) and I dont know if it should be in the resting postion or PRE LOAD it

When i say PRE LOAD i mean the gear has tention on it cuz of the vct ( PRE LOAD is 1/4 turn counter clock wise and in the resting postion it has no tention
I see, I was guessing that it was working this way, but I cannot answer you, you should ask Randy from focussport or Tom, I know they both played with the svt.
french_connection,Sep 12 2005, 11:19 PM Wrote:I see, I was guessing that it was working this way, but I cannot answer you, you should ask Randy from focussport or Tom, I know they both played with the svt.
[right][snapback]141390[/snapback][/right]

so is mark the only one with info on this???

cuz it seems that noone can help even on fj