FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Diagnosis...again, Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i go to get my car inspected for SGI, low and behold more s**t.

The new Contiental Tires i got are shot, well on the front. My alignment was totally wacked and wore them all weird, which confuses me becuase i didnt drive the focus that much. And my Drivers side tire rod is bent. K so ill get that fixed and some new front tires AGAIN, should be all good.

So i got an pil change while i was at it, it was way overdue. The next day my CEL comes on. WTF! Last time i took it to ford, they said nothing was wrong and cleared the code...could it be my DPFE??? Cuz i dont think these asshats at ford did anything about it when i took it in.

Am i right on this?

PS: to the sask guys, in order for me to trade in or sell my car, does it have to be SGI approved?

Thanks guys
Tires would be shot due to the alignment being off...
what kind of symptoms are you having to think its the DPFE?
FociPhil,Sep 12 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:PS: to the sask guys, in order for me to trade in or sell my car, does it have to be SGI approved?
[right][snapback]141217[/snapback][/right]

You can sell the car without an inspection, but it cant be licensed by anyone in SK until it passes. Not sure of any other details than that..
FociPhil,Sep 12 2005, 12:49 PM Wrote:So i go to get my car inspected for SGI, low and behold more s**t.

The new Contiental Tires i got are shot, well on the front. My alignment was totally wacked and wore them all weird, which confuses me becuase i didnt drive the focus that much. And my Drivers side tire rod is bent. K so ill get that fixed and some new front tires AGAIN, should be all good.

So i got an pil change while i was at it, it was way overdue. The next day my CEL comes on. WTF! Last time i took it to ford, they said nothing was wrong and cleared the code...could it be my DPFE??? Cuz i dont think these asshats at ford did anything about it when i took it in.

Am i right on this?

PS: to the sask guys, in order for me to trade in or sell my car, does it have to be SGI approved?

Thanks guys
[right][snapback]141217[/snapback][/right]

Did you not whack a curb not too long ago?
Yeah i wacked the curb, which i know my alignment is off becuase of that, but i didnt think id lose my tires if i drove it a few time with the aligment out.

Im thinking its the DPFE becuase on acceleration and some highway driving it feels slightly choppy. Not really smooth on acceleration...i think they replaced the fuel pump under recall a couple moths ago.

EDIT: soory i re-read my original post, and it sounded like i was asking about the tires and alignment, i knew about that ahah...that was more of a vent, my real issue is the CEL.
Now im pissed...

it rained the other night, and my driver side floor front and back is about an inch thick of water...

me thinks a seal in the dorr is shot now...not only is my car the colour of a lemon, but it is one now.
not the door seal, its the windshield cowl seal. same problem i had with my foucs.
well the other night when it was raining like a bitch. drops were coming through the top of my door right onto my arm...if its the windshield, how did the back and front get loaded with water?

what did that cost ya to repair?