FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: We're Coming Down This Wednesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I WON U2 FLOOR SEATS!!!! WOOOHOOO!

:D

Chipped in a few bucks on Saturday to our local college / uni. Shinerama, pitched a football through a 15" tire, got on the short list for the draw, and was put live on-air this morning with the local rock station The Fox with one cup of coffee in me :blink:

So I booked off Wednesday and half of Thursday, and the only stipulation the morning crew asked of me was a quick report for the Thursday morning show :)

Thank god I did more than a few years of quarterbacking...

Gotta love working here at Redpath too... my boss heard the whole thing, so when I walk in to his office to tell him, he's like "so do you need all of Thursday off as well, or just half?" :D

Even my boss's wife calls me on her cell telling me to "get my butt in my office so the radio station can call me back and tell me I've won U2 tickets" :lol:
Congrats.

As much of an idiot Bono is....

They are wicked LIVE!

Enjoy man.
You're such a lucky bastard. I had got 2 tickets out of 5 shots.

If you can't make it for any reason, let me know. I know a girl who would die to go see U2 in concert, especially floor seats. Imagine the payback I could get. ;)
And you're not approaching said girl for what reason?

PS - How's the air up there?

We still on for lunch?
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 12 2005, 09:58 AM Wrote:And you're not approaching said girl for what reason?

PS - How's the air up there?

We still on for lunch?
[right][snapback]141178[/snapback][/right]

She lives in London now. But she would probably make the effort to make it to Toronto for the concert.

Air's fine up here. We got a new water cooler today. Finally a place to hang out. :lol:

Yes we're on for lunch. Can you bring up our mail too?

If you have a 3 prong extension cord, bring that too. A 6 foot
one will be cool.
Enjoy man!! I know people that would give thier first born to see them!!

Congrats I would love to go watch U2 live but no luck scoring tickets.

PS: from the sounds of it you and Oscar work in the same building wouldn't be easier to go up to his office or call him to see if he's still on for lunch instead of waiting for a response? of course like me you're in IT and you allways have to look busy ;)

Laterz :)
Yes, I'm in IT and I'm lazy too :P

i saw U2 live back in 96, they put on a great show, id definately see them again
K_OS,Sep 12 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:from the sounds of it you and Oscar work in the same building wouldn't be easier to go up to his office or call him to see if he's still on for lunch instead of waiting for a response? of course like me you're in IT and you allways have to look busy ;)

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]141269[/snapback][/right]

Not the same building anymore. Plus I'm on the phone half the time and they monitor our e-mails.