FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Summer Tire And Cheap Too
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what in all your opinions do you think is the best summer tire, preferably max and ultra performance. nothing to expensive, around the $125 range per tire.
Nexxen 3000's
essenza 210 type R. But the side is soft.
I got Dunlop Sport FM901's in 205/40ZR17. They're great but a little noisy on the highway.

Dunlop Sport FM901
TRIANGLE TALON's hahahaha.... call bob, he'll give you one hell of a deal.
scoobasteve,Sep 12 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:TRIANGLE TALON's hahahaha.... call bob, he'll give you one hell of a deal.
[right][snapback]141182[/snapback][/right]

whats the #?
I still like the kumho 712 for the price, pretty hard to beat, they hook good, look good and they are very great in the rain.

I had like 5 complete set of them already... and have no intention on getting other brands.
Flofocus,Sep 12 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Sep 12 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:TRIANGLE TALON's hahahaha.... call bob, he'll give you one hell of a deal.
[right][snapback]141182[/snapback][/right]

whats the #?
[right][snapback]141201[/snapback][/right]

If you mean fordwich tire's number, it's 519-335-6307... ask for Bob
french_connection,Sep 12 2005, 12:36 PM Wrote:I still like the kumho 712 for the price, pretty hard to beat, they hook good, look good and they are very great in the rain.

I had like 5 complete set of them already... and have no intention on getting other brands.
[right][snapback]141215[/snapback][/right]

Thats what Im running, I need something that slasts a little longer <_<

Or, I ease up on that right foot. :lol:
i run the kumho 712's aswell .. and love them .. i seem to only get about 2 summers out of a set .. but i do log alot of km's in the summer aswell

i get them for about $125/tire installed
i wont post the price on the board that i got for the tires. but its a hell of a lot lower than 125 a tire.
alot seem to think the 712's are good. i looked over at tire rack and the rating's seem ok only. i was looking at the avon tech m500, they seem to be pretty good and aren't to expensive. also if i call this guy bob, can he get ahold of any tire i want?
scoobasteve,Sep 12 2005, 09:39 PM Wrote:i wont post the price on the board that i got for the tires. but its a hell of a lot lower than 125 a tire.
[right][snapback]141346[/snapback][/right]

where do you get your tires from steve?
Bob... Rubberman... Fordwich tires look ^^^ for his number.
i've never even heard of triangle talon tires b4 ... how long have you been using them?
I ran Kumho Escta 712's on my car in 2003 and 2004. For the first half of life, they were great. Track handling was also good for a novice. I was not happy after they were half worn, plus they seemed very touchy to alignment i.e. bad wear. I think I maxed out 60,000 km on them. They would be on this year for another 30K, but the inner edges were toast.

If you're looking for really cheap tires, then I suggest either Nexxen or other off-shore brands. Kumhos are starting to creep up in price, plus the 712's seem to be not as popular once the other tire makers introduced cheaper sets (e.g. Falken Ziex, Fusion ZRi's, BFG G-Force, etc.). I think some Wal-Marts even began carrying Nexxens.

That reminds me...I have to start looking at new rubber soon too B)
schade,Sep 13 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:i've never even heard of triangle talon tires b4 ... how long have you been using them?
[right][snapback]141753[/snapback][/right]

lol Aug 12, 2005. 5500km... still good.
Toyo Proxies T1-S or T1R, best price I found was at http://www.tiretrends.com
Falkens hands down.....

if your looking for a good tire all around you should try out the 512's or for a touch more 451's
MrBeer,Sep 15 2005, 08:32 PM Wrote:Toyo Proxies T1-S or T1R, best price I found was at http://www.tiretrends.com
[right][snapback]142331[/snapback][/right]

WOW, those things are like $236.98cdn each, that's mad, i can't afford that. something a little cheaper would be nice.
Pages: 1 2