FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sept 11, Mco Autocross Photo's [56k Warning]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I took the wheels off my CSVT, slapped them on my focus and took her out to the local auto-x. Here are some pics from todays event. I was running beater which is a stock ZX3 as seen in the pictures. :ph34r:

Ottawa boys and girls need to come out this upcoming Sunday and give it a try its tons of fun, and safe. I also saw a silver zx3 with CSVT wheels at the end of the day, a lady was behind the steering wheel.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

[Image: 11.jpg]

[Image: 12.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]
[Image: 12.jpg]

Classic, the boyz in Saskatewan are missing so much in life by cowering in garages. Looks like me taking the on ramp the other day.

EDIT: what tires on the Focus? Looks like Yokohama?
This was in Ottawa?? Where is this??

2001 ZTS,Sep 12 2005, 03:53 AM Wrote:Classic, the boyz in Saskatewan are missing so much in life by cowering in garages. Looks like me taking the on ramp the other day.

EDIT: what tires on the Focus? Looks like Yokohama?
[right][snapback]141112[/snapback][/right]

The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's :ph34r:
ZX3guy2000,Sep 12 2005, 04:30 AM Wrote:This was in Ottawa??  Where is this??
[right][snapback]141116[/snapback][/right]

This was at the Corel Centre. There will be an other event next Sunday. Its $40 for non Motorsports Club of Ottawa member, and $5 if you need a loaner helmet (you must run with a helmet). And you have to be there by atleast 8:30am so your car can go through tech inspection (they check for loose items like un tied battery, or bad bearing etc. I've seen 15 y/o rust buckets pass so if your car is road worthy u'll be able to run). Anyone who doesn't try Solo2 is missing out alot of fun!
is there something in the vacinity of the GTA? i would LOVE to do something like this but am never able to find them, also when i do find driving schools or such it's so expensive. can anyone point me in the right direction on something like this closer to the GTA? this looks like SOooOooo much fun
SLIP STREAM SVT,Sep 12 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:is there something in the vacinity of the GTA? i would LOVE to do something like this but am never able to find them, also when i do find driving schools or such it's so expensive. can anyone point me in the right direction on something like this closer to the GTA? this looks like SOooOooo much fun
[right][snapback]141136[/snapback][/right]

The BMW Club of Canada's Trilium Chapter holds auto-x events. You should find out about that, the Trilium Chapter is GTA area!
I know there is quite the circut inthe G.T.A.

I attended one a few years back at the Bronte GO Station.

It was a blast indeed.
Hmm.. If I don't spend the night in Barrie for the meet I will definitely be out sunday morning! Looks like a lot of fun!!

2001 ZTS,Sep 11 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:Classic, the boyz in Saskatewan are missing so much in life by cowering in garages. [right][snapback]141112[/snapback][/right]

Pffft, you're just jealous because you have a million dollar house and have to park in the driveway :P

AutoX is just starting to catch on around here too, now there's an organization and everything and a Solo2 event coming up I think.. not sure if I want to enter it though, with stock heavily worn tires.
FocalSpeed,Sep 12 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:
SLIP STREAM SVT,Sep 12 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:is there something in the vacinity of the GTA? i would LOVE to do something like this but am never able to find them, also when i do find driving schools or such it's so expensive. can anyone point me in the right direction on something like this closer to the GTA? this looks like SOooOooo much fun
[right][snapback]141136[/snapback][/right]

The BMW Club of Canada's Trilium Chapter holds auto-x events. You should find out about that, the Trilium Chapter is GTA area!
[right][snapback]141137[/snapback][/right]

i actually checked that out awhile ago, but it's so expensive. it's like a track school. how come i don't ever hear much about this solo stuff going on in toronto.