FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Watch The Movie About Terry Fox Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching the movie just makes me respect that man more then anyone else i could ever respect in my life. It's just so hard to fathem how he did what he did. He is by far the greatest canadian ever in my eyes. He did what nobody else could probably ever do. He is my hero for sure. It's just pathetic to see how some towns treated him <_< Cacksuckers.

It almost makes me tear up watching that movie :( I just wish he could of finished :(
Dude that's what all movies based on true stories are like. More drama and more tears = ratings.

I'm sorry I just don't believe anything I see anymore on TV, especially news and made for TV movies...

I really liked Terry Fox and his pursuit to help people with cancer. He was and still is a shining example of what people can do in this world.

I didn't see this TV movie tonight. I opted to watch, for the first time ever, Team America: World Police. Now that was awesome. :lol:
"TEAM AMERICA , FUK YEAHHHHHHHHH"
Yeah i remember watching Terry Fox's funeral on TV. He is still my all time TRUE Canadian Hero.
Slimsride,Sep 12 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:Yeah i remember watching Terry Fox's funeral on TV.  He is still my all time TRUE Canadian Hero.
[right][snapback]141119[/snapback][/right]

B) Same here, along side pierre trudeau B) My 2 favourite canadians ever
I watched him run past me in BALA when I was a child. I couldn't believe the drive this guy had. Even at my young age I totally understood it.
Yup, I remember watching him too... I was living in Verner at the time, not far from where I am right now actually.

And they picked Shawn Ashmore IIRC to play the part of Terry... good call, he looks quite similar.
I watched most of it last night too. Pretty awsome. And look how much money he raised. $24 million in 1980! How much would that equal to now? Truely one of the greatest and most selfless, and inspiring people our nation has ever seen.
Kool_ZX3,Sep 12 2005, 12:16 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Sep 12 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:Yeah i remember watching Terry Fox's funeral on TV.  He is still my all time TRUE Canadian Hero.
[right][snapback]141119[/snapback][/right]

B) Same here, along side pierre trudeau B) My 2 favourite canadians ever
[right][snapback]141128[/snapback][/right]

You're kidding right? Trudeau opened the flood gates for our gay immigration laws so all the damn immigrants can come over and bring their family's and take out facking tax dollars and take over this god damn country. I wish I could have assasinated that cack face.
Yeah, Trudeau smoked a little too much happy grass in his time at the helm of our country. We're pooched indefinitely, unless our government grows a backbone. I don't see that happening any time soon.
ANTHONYD,Sep 12 2005, 12:58 PM Wrote:I watched him run past me in BALA when I was a child. I couldn't believe the drive this guy had. Even at my young age I totally understood it.
[right][snapback]141154[/snapback][/right]

same here, I saw him run in rural ontario while visiting when I was young. the parents bougth some gears to support his cause, t-shirts and hats... :)

Respect to his cause.
Trudeau also did good for this country called the bill of rights, atleast he had a set of balls and told people where to go and what to do. Unlike most of our gutless sacks of crap we elected prime minister. Aslong as those immagrinats pay taxes i am fine with it. Some of those people that came to this country now have jobs amnd pay taxes and do everything else we do. Some are lazy just like millions of canadians before they came here <_<
Kool_ZX3,Sep 12 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:Trudeau also did good for this country called the bill of rights, atleast he had a set of balls and told people where to go and what to do. Unlike most of our gutless sacks of crap we elected prime minister. Aslong as those immagrinats pay taxes i am fine with it. Some of those people that came to this country now have jobs amnd pay taxes and do everything else we do. Some are lazy just like millions of canadians before they came here <_<
[right][snapback]141407[/snapback][/right]

The problem is the ratio of working/tax paying to not workingving of my tax dollars immigrants is WAY more for the not workingve off my tax money.
This topic has been ruined by the mention of Trudeau. Terry Fox was great!
Jays2000ZX3,Sep 13 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Sep 12 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:Trudeau also did good for this country called the bill of rights, atleast he had a set of balls and told people where to go and what to do. Unlike most of our gutless sacks of crap we elected prime minister. Aslong as those immagrinats pay taxes i am fine with it. Some of those people that came to this country now have jobs amnd pay taxes and do everything else we do. Some are lazy just like millions of canadians before they came here <_<
[right][snapback]141407[/snapback][/right]

The problem is the ratio of working/tax paying to not workingving of my tax dollars immigrants is WAY more for the not workingve off my tax money.
[right][snapback]141527[/snapback][/right]

It was like that long before trudeau and always will be, my god i see more lazy regular old canadians then immagrints, look at call center's thier all immagrants. Immagration is good for a country it is just up to the government to change laws. There are many things wrong with this country, trudeau was like everyone else. He did good and bad and alot of people loved him as a prime minister.
terry fox was a guy person in rasing awarness for cancer and i'm thankful for that.

now the part that i hate, everyone knows about how he got put on the loonie right. i think that was totally wrong. espically when it was the 60th aniversery of VE Day and it was recongnized with a nickel. that whole thing pissed me off.
I'm watching it in re-run tonight. I'm glad they didn't hold back about the Quebec portion of it (disgracefull).

For all her faults I still respect my soon to be ex wife for working in the cancer clinic at Sick Kids Hospital. I "baby sit" at least once a month so she can go to some poor kid's funeral.

My own dad already died of cancer and I'm not alone here. There is lots of work to do still.
FocusGuy7476,Sep 13 2005, 09:52 PM Wrote:.......... espically when it was the 60th aniversery of VE Day and it was recongnized with a nickel. that whole thing pissed me off.
[right][snapback]141828[/snapback][/right]

Actually that was very respectful putting it on a "nickel". The nickel in '44 and '45 was actually made of aluminum (to save steel for the war) and featured the "V" for victory like the commenrative 2005 does. I can scan my '44 version side by side with a 2005 if you'd like?