FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fusion Gauges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
help

hey everyone - just had a air/fuel fusion gauge installed but it seems to be to sensitive - when no gas or coasting its low-red - and when im gunning it its solid blue - high

but when im driving on a road or highway it goes up and down up and down up and down costantly - whats happening!!

is this gauge to sensitive?

can i put a resistor in line to decrease the sensitivity to make it more accurate?

help me

Why do you need a A/F gauge (aka "ricer light show")?

What boost are you running?
it looks pretty - no - i thought it would be cool to have but it looks like its having an spaz attack -and i just trying to slow it down a little
focusnme,Sep 10 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:help

hey everyone - just had a air/fuel fusion gauge installed but it seems to be to sensitive - when no gas or coasting its low-red - and when im gunning it its solid blue - high

but when im driving on a road or highway it goes up and down up and down up and down costantly - whats happening!!

is this gauge to sensitive?

can i put a resistor in line to decrease the sensitivity to make it more accurate?

help me
[right][snapback]140923[/snapback][/right]
That's normal operation; when you're at an idle the PCM is hunting back and forth between rich and lean.

Now for the information you're not going to like.

If you got the Autometer A/F gauge (or a similar $100 gauge), it's more or less a pretty light show. Don't feel bad, I almost got one too (actually, I DID buy one, but I took it back before I opened it after I learned better).

Unless you're boosting or at least tuning an A/F won't tell you much, and even worse, the A/F is a "narrow band" sensor and isn't that great even if you ARE boosting. If you want an accurate reading, you'll want a "wideband" sensor, you have to actually install its own bung on the exhaust pipe.

A resistor in line will not help, DO NOT put a resistor in parallel.
you would think that you could dumb it out a bit
Just like it as is or file it under lessons learned. It's hard to believe at times but things can actually be learned and money saved by spending more time here. ;)

I'd leave it in, chicks love that sort of stuff, tell her it is your flux capacitor monitor or "Tornado ™ gauge"
if you hooked the a/f guage up directly to one of the O2 sensors then i believe that is why your getting such erratic readings. If you were to wire it directly to the computer .. pin 64 i think??? you would get a better reading.
focusnme,Sep 10 2005, 09:33 PM Wrote:you would think that you could dumb it out a bit
[right][snapback]140931[/snapback][/right]
You don't need that gauge unless you have turbo charged your car to the max and are going to "tune" your computer. See my previous reply.

It's all good.
even I was amazed that this thing worked like it did.......bizarre stuff...
more detail on pin 64?

i was thinking rather than pulling out the gauge haw can i hook this up to my rpm gauge - same effect - more practical - is this possible
focusnme,Sep 11 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:more detail on pin 64?

i was thinking rather than pulling out the gauge haw can i hook this up to my rpm gauge - same effect - more practical - is this possible
[right][snapback]141084[/snapback][/right]

No, if your going to use it, use it for what its for. ;)

Or sell it and get a volt guauge or something that youd like to know whats going on. Like 2001ZTS said, unless your boosted, or trying to get laid with some rave chick, its a waste of time and $$.
expand then on the "pin 64"!!!
Flofocus,Sep 11 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:Like 2001ZTS said, unless your boosted, or trying to get laid with some rave chick, its a waste of time and $$.
[right][snapback]141086[/snapback][/right]

"rave chick" :lol:

OK, that's funny stuff
focusnme,Sep 12 2005, 03:20 AM Wrote:expand then on the "pin 64"!!!
[right][snapback]141100[/snapback][/right]

Pin 64 leading into your ECU bro. Pull your ecu outta your car (passenger side foot pannel and glove box area, look for pin 64 and tap in there. And yea, an air/fuel gauge is useless at that level, you need a wideband a/f gauge (500 bucks or so) to give you any sort of relevant reading.
If anything, it will make the ricer drive-by more effective.
ANTHONYD,Sep 12 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:If anything, it will make the ricer drive-by more effective.
[right][snapback]141172[/snapback][/right]

heartless....
is pin 64 the correct pin? i would double check on that b4 you go cutting wires .. i'm pretty sure its right, but better safe than sorry
ANTHONYD,Sep 12 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:If anything, it will make the ricer drive-by more effective.

Get a pic of that guy who drives by your house and show him what you mean.
meford4u,Sep 12 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 12 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:If anything, it will make the ricer drive-by more effective.

Get a pic of that guy who drives by your house and show him what you mean.
[right][snapback]141354[/snapback][/right]

Oh man.

You need to see that monstrocity in the daylight.

Unbelieveable.
hey - talked to my dad (communications engineer) he can design a box for the o2 wire to run in which will delay the signal by 1-2 seconds and slow it down a bit - let you know how it goes!!
Pages: 1 2