FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: God Is In The Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Take a close look at this:

[Image: c12b.jpg]

It may have been a error but maybe not, tell me what I am talking about. Take a CLOSE look. Yes it is right from SMART, here is the URL:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbccustom/smar...images/c12b.jpg

If it is not a conspiracy somebody is out of a job on Monday.
I don't get it.
I don't get it either...looks perfectly reasonable to me...
hardk0re,Sep 10 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:I don't get it.
[right][snapback]140936[/snapback][/right]
Neither have 16 of your peers.

It will probably end up being one of the other old farts who trust nothing CAN READ, AREN"T COLOUR BLIND that catches the error, or is it an intentional scam?

The percentages seem backwards or mislabelled? unsatisfactory is greater than regulation target..??
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:The percentages seem backwards or mislabelled?
[right][snapback]140940[/snapback][/right]

DING, DING, DING

WE HAVE A WEINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!11!11!1!!!!!!!!

They have either reversed < vs > by accident or "conspiracy theory" made green=bad/stop/evil/go away and red=good/go/buy/welcome.

You've redeemed youself in my eyes Bunny! Lets shake pal!
2001 ZTS,Sep 10 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:The percentages seem backwards or mislabelled?

DING, DING, DING

WE HAVE A WEINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!11!11!1!!!!!!!!

They have either reversed < vs > by accident or "conspiracy theory" made red=bad/stop/evil/go away and green=good/go/buy/welcome.

You've redeemed youself in my eyes Bunny! Lets shake pal![right][snapback]140941[/snapback][/right]

WOW..

:)

I can respect that!

cheers
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:WOW..

:)

I can respect that!

cheers
[right][snapback]140942[/snapback][/right]

Right back at you. ;)

I may have to sell my Focus, I insist I pay you to detail it to a "worthy" degree
2001 ZTS,Sep 10 2005, 11:18 PM Wrote:Right back at you. ;)

I may have to sell my Focus, I insist I pay you to detail it to a "worthy" degree
[right][snapback]140945[/snapback][/right]

I can do that for you no problem!

All you gotta do is let me know what you want done. I got everything to do top-to-bottom exterior, and everything interior up to, and including steam cleaning of the carpets, mats, and seats if you got cloth.. or leather cleaner and conditioner app. if you got leather seating

Let me know....the options are endless

I miss my sedan :(
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Is Smart/Mercedes same company?

hehe they use to stress that their name is called smart rather than Smart because it stood for Swatch and Mercedes ART...thats where smart comes from...
Spyder01,Sep 10 2005, 11:39 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Is Smart/Mercedes same company?

hehe they use to stress that their name is called smart rather than Smart because it stood for Swatch and Mercedes ART...thats where smart comes from...
[right][snapback]140949[/snapback][/right]

NO s**t.. :) you learn something new everyday

COOL
Let's say for the head region that (because of your brain) your skull has to sustain 100 Newtons of force to cause a severe injury. (I picked 100N for an example and ease of use, not an actual figure.)

This 100N is the "regulation target"

In a front end collision, if the head was only subjected to 50N, it would be a "Good" ie. <65% of the regulation target (no or little injury)

At 70N it would be "Satisfactory" ie >65% reg. target (ie. bruising)

...and so on.

When you reach 100% of the reg target (at the point between the brown and red) is where critical damage occurs. ie. Brain trauma

Each section has its own set of criteria based on the stress that body part can take. That max stress value is the "regulation target" for that area.

That "target" value can move down as they tighten safety requirements ie government regs.
OAC_Sparky,Sep 11 2005, 12:50 AM Wrote:Let's say for the head region that (because of your brain) your skull has to sustain 100 Newtons of force to cause a severe injury. (I picked 100N for an example and ease of use, not an actual figure.)

This 100N is the "regulation target"

In a front end collision, if the head was only subjected to 50N, it would be a "Good" ie. <65% of the regulation target (no or little injury)

At 70N it would be "Satisfactory" ie >65% reg. target (ie. bruising)

...and so on.

When you reach 100% of the reg target (at the point between the brown and red) is where critical damage occurs. ie. Brain trauma

Each section has its own set of criteria based on the stress that body part can take. That max stress value is the "regulation target" for that area.

So in other words the colour chart is accurate?

That "target" value can move down as they tighten safety requirements ie government regs.
[right][snapback]140960[/snapback][/right]
Raine,Sep 11 2005, 02:32 AM Wrote:So in other words the colour chart is accurate?
[right][snapback]140963[/snapback][/right]
Yes.

In this case, you don't WANT to hit the standard. Think of it as the "failure" point rather than the "pass" point.

It's sort of reverse logic, but that's typical for those wacky Germans. :D
Yeah that's how I was reading the chart too..