FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Switching My Grille
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always said i didn't like the silver on silver that the ST came with because it has the grey mesh with paint to match surround. So i managed to find a SE/SES grille with black mesh and the chrome surround.

And this is what i have been doing in my small amount of spare time this week
[Image: grilles.jpg]
[Image: surrounds.jpg]

testing them out before locking them together
[Image: testfit.jpg]

and bingo, TWO new grilles
[Image: doneblk.jpg]
[Image: doneblk2.jpg]
[Image: donechrome.jpg]
[Image: donechrome2.jpg]

I am putting the black mesh with the painted surround in because that is what i wanted, and the grey mesh from the other is a bit focked... it was like that (don't worry its not the one on my car) So now i have three grill options for my car stock, and the two new ones i have created.
Nice job. The Silver on black mesh grill looks awesome.
Looks good, but is it the lighting or are the Ford emblems different shades of blue?

The one on the new chrome grille looks way darker...
sorry i took the finished pics 1st flash off, then flash on
bling it on
i like the silver grill with the chrome to be honest, but they both look good!
Really cool for a project with stock equipment dude. Love 2 piece grilles.
sawet, thats that "next mod" you were telling me about? looks good, where did ya find it? I am looking to get a new one too
crazikev,Sep 11 2005, 12:16 PM Wrote:sawet, thats that "next mod" you were telling me about? looks good, where did ya find it? I am looking to get a new one too
[right][snapback]140999[/snapback][/right]

find it, mu ha ha ha, no where i thought it up!! I don't think anyone has redone as in change the surrounds, i know of a couple painted chromes, and repainted ST ones, but the chrome and silver is nice like a Five hundred limited

nice work.
i've heard this is a bitch and a half to do