FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: *nws* Rant At The Media Over Hurricane Katrina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Take a listen. Note: Graphic Language NWS

Rant
thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
FocusGuy7476,Sep 9 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
[right][snapback]140636[/snapback][/right]
Agreed.

There is a CTV reporter "on the scene" now devoting more coverage and stirring up controversy about the police/military shooting a starving (and thusly vicious) dog while human bodies are still floating bloated in what used to be streets. He's probably disappointed the starving dog was shot before he could get a pic of it eating human flesh off a corpse.

Imagine the cost/resources to keep a film crew in situ and how much better that money, vehicle, fuel and labour could be better spent right now? I don't buy the argument that his presence helps promote sympathy and by that more aid donations.

Bottom feeding.
2001 ZTS,Sep 9 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Sep 9 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
[right][snapback]140636[/snapback][/right]
Agreed.

There is a CTV reporter "on the scene" now devoting more coverage and stirring up controversy about the police/military shooting a starving (and thusly vicious) dog while human bodies are still floating bloated in what used to be streets. He's probably disappointed the starving dog was shot before he could get a pic of it eating human flesh off a corpse.

Imagine the cost/resources to keep a film crew in situ and how much better that money, vehicle, fuel and labour could be better spent right now? I don't buy the argument that his presence helps promote sympathy and by that more aid donations.

Bottom feeding.
[right][snapback]140683[/snapback][/right]

Right you are.

What the government should have done was confiscate the media's resources to be used in the rescue operation.
They confiscated the hospitals' diesel for rescue workers early last week, so that tells you how bad it is... yeah, get the pig troughing reporters outta there. I feel bad for them, but that's what you get for living at the tail end of hurricane alley BELOW SEA LEVEL.

And they rely on a protective system of dikes. I mean, butchy chicks can only get so much done... :lol: