FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Yaaaar, I May Be A Boat Owner!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Work is looking to get rid of a old open lifeboat circa 1960 something. It's going to need some work and a long shaft outboard but it appears I may have something for putting around Toronto Harbour at least.

Looks something like:

[Image: pic8.jpg]

Yarrr, Is the vessel seaworthy?
Yarrr...tis' orange!
BOAT PARTY!!! YARRRRRRRRRRR
2001 ZTS,Jul 21 2005, 01:55 PM Wrote:I know enough about boats to know never to own one.  ;)

ZTWsugardaddy,Sep 9 2005, 02:53 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jul 21 2005, 01:55 PM Wrote:I know enough about boats to know never to own one.  ;)
[right][snapback]140561[/snapback][/right]

That is still true but in this case it is free, I have a free dock at work once I fix it up and since it cost me nothing to start I feel confident in being able to do my own improvements to it.

Who knows I may even hire people from here who are good with fibreglass? I'm thinking it needs some sort of enclosure up forward. Who knows how I will take my "blank canvas". Two things I do know are:

1. it will be the ultimate party boat
2. it will be slow as hell
Yarrrrrrrrr... t'is a mighty fine lookin' vessel.

you won't need an outboard if you invite six friends with paddles over.

of course, i can't wait to see Toronto's first ever modded lifeboat take to the harbour. I say we put in hydrofoils. Slow it doesn't have to be ..yarrrrr
needs a drop.
^^lol

and a couple of bailing buckets too then
It's going to be one spectacular booze cruise. Someone's not coming home alive.
Where's the chrome?
ANTHONYD,Sep 9 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:needs a drop.
[right][snapback]140575[/snapback][/right]

When you are on water it is the other way around. The less hull in the water the faster you go.
meford4u,Sep 9 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:It's going to be one spectacular booze cruise.  Someone's not coming home alive.
[right][snapback]140584[/snapback][/right]

Yes....definately going to be something that's never been done.

Wouls it be alright to paint the FOCUSCANADA.NET logo on the side.

Have you got a name for it yet?

I vote for...NEEDS MORE COWBELL.
ANTHONYD,Sep 9 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 9 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:It's going to be one spectacular booze cruise.  Someone's not coming home alive.
[right][snapback]140584[/snapback][/right]

Yes....definately going to be something that's never been done.

Wouls it be alright to paint the FOCUSCANADA.NET logo on the side.

Have you got a name for it yet?

I vote for...NEEDS MORE COWBELL.
[right][snapback]140609[/snapback][/right]

My other boat is....errrr was a cruise ship.
darkpuppet,Sep 9 2005, 05:22 PM Wrote:My other boat is....errrr was a cruise ship.
[right][snapback]140612[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, cruise around the waterfront telling the ladies it is a tender belonging to my mega-yacht anchored offshore.

It's actually not impossible to make a simple lifeboat look classy:

[Image: largerfeboat03_large.jpg]

If anything it will be a good project, could always sell for more than I paid including materials I put into it.
so you got rid of your bike and now have this
FocusGuy7476,Sep 9 2005, 07:03 PM Wrote:so you got rid of your bike and now have this
[right][snapback]140641[/snapback][/right]

Oooops, never thought of that. :lol:

Oh well I was never going to use the bike again but a boat I definately will. It'll be great fun for my kid.
now you will have to get a truck to haul it around with
crazikev,Sep 9 2005, 07:16 PM Wrote:now you will have to get a truck to haul it around with
[right][snapback]140647[/snapback][/right]

I'd probably end up leaving it in water at work in Hamilton for the season or if my budget allows I could get a spot at Outer Harbour Marina just ten minutes down the DVP from the house.

If I need a tow for now there is the Ram 3500 diesel truck from work I can borrow anytime.

When money allows....................SPRINTER! The Sprinter is rated for 5000lbs towing out of the box.

Anyone here a carpenter? If I get it job#1 is having a wood cradle to store it on and allow me to work on "her". Alternatively anyone have an old boat trailer size large? It would likely have to be a tandem axle.

I'll be taking pictures Tuesday.
2001 ZTS,Sep 9 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:I'd probably end up leaving it in water at work in Hamilton for the season or if my budget allows I could get a spot at Outer Harbour Marina just ten minutes down the DVP from the house.

If I need a tow for now there is the Ram 3500 diesel truck from work I can borrow anytime.

When money allows....................SPRINTER! The Sprinter is rated for 5000lbs towing out of the box.

Anyone here a carpenter? If I get it job#1 is having a wood cradle to store it on and allow me to work on "her". Alternatively anyone have an old boat trailer size large? It would likely have to be a tandem axle.

I'll be taking pictures Tuesday.
[right][snapback]140657[/snapback][/right]

let me know if you need a cradle. I can get you the name of a guy who does steel ones for sailboats down at the marina... probably end up costing about the same either way.
Pages: 1 2