FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shifting Issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately i've been noticing it is more difficult to shift, and often at times I find myself having to slam the gear in, but its not a smooth transition, it feels like there is something not going correctly.

This is only present in high RPM shifts, low RPM shifts crusing around is prettty nice, but when I start shifting at 7200rpm or even 6000rpm I notice that its quite difficult to get gears in.

Anybody have an idea what it is?
keep it below 6 k I would say. you shouldn't have any trouble shifting at those Rpm levels you shouldn't even have to use the clutch. I never do. It doesn't sound good
Made an appt with ford to take a look...

Problem is it should be able to shift at any RPM, and i've driven others that shift fine at 6000.

When i'm on the track I aim for shifting at the highest RPM possible because the higher I rev the more power i'm putting down....
First thing, change your transmission oil, even if it only has 10K on it, and then see how it works. If that doesn't help, you might need new cables. The insulation had broken down on mine allowing water in and, while otherwise appearing fine, the shifting was s**t.
I'll get good old ford to take a look, lets hope they don't try and blame some of my minor modifications.....
minor? :wtf: :rofl:
that guy is crazy :lol:

u can say : i have a minor problem with my clutch/transmission

but u cant say : i have minor modifications

:huh:
hardk0re,Sep 9 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:I'll get good old ford to take a look, lets hope they don't try and blame some of my minor modifications.....
[right][snapback]140625[/snapback][/right]

Wear an anus plug.
I'm just curious to see what they say...... haha this is going to be FUN!

hardk0re,Sep 12 2005, 08:52 AM Wrote:I'm just curious to see what they say...... haha this is going to be FUN!
[right][snapback]141153[/snapback][/right]

Just be carefull...... They will be VERY quick to pin any tranny issues on you.

Trannys are exspensive to work on. Ford will not pay for it if they don't have to.
maybe they wont notice it :huh: :lol:
:rotfl:
have you tried adjusting the linkage? or was it only the svts you can adjust?
Fixed? :huh:
They made more a deal about what was done to the car than what was wrong with the car....In the end they said thats how a focus drives.....

I took it to another shop today to check it out.....if that turns up nothing then its off to a transmission shop to take a look.....
hardk0re,Sep 13 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:They made more a deal about what was done to the car than what was wrong with the car....In the end they said thats how a focus drives.....

I took it to another shop today to check it out.....if that turns up nothing then its off to a transmission shop to take a look.....
[right][snapback]141580[/snapback][/right]

So Ford actually told you the shifting problems were normal???

I'd try another dealership Kevin.
ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Sep 13 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:They made more a deal about what was done to the car than what was wrong with the car....In the end they said thats how a focus drives.....

[right][snapback]141580[/snapback][/right]

So Ford actually told you the shifting problems were normal???

I'd try another dealership Kevin.
[right][snapback]141581[/snapback][/right]

Ditto, id just flush the tranny and used some gm synchromesh in it