FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Exaush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I want to put a SVT exaush on my 2.0 Ztec i know i have to change place of my oil lip but i think the SVT engine and 2.0 Ztec dont have the same EGR systeme ??

can someone help- me plz?

Thx

Franck
Hey hey..........Member Number 900. Bells go off. Whistle Blows. Confetti everywhere.

Tell him what he's one Alex.

Welcome to the club.

Brian, Ure WON FukedTart :blink:
french_connection,Sep 6 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:Brian, Ure WON FukedTart :blink:
[right][snapback]139638[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations Marc. You've won a trip back to grammar school...........IN ENGLISH!

You got every word spelt wrong above.

Allow me

BRYAN not crybaby Brian

You Are not the ricearoni URE

WON??? One

Fuktard.. how could you get this wrong.

Now someone answer this new members question before I scare him off.

You are a him, right?
meford4u,Sep 7 2005, 02:32 AM Wrote:
french_connection,Sep 6 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:Brian, Ure WON FukedTart :blink:
[right][snapback]139638[/snapback][/right]

You are a him, right?
[right][snapback]139641[/snapback][/right]

tell the wife she's having french for lunch and diner saturday, she'll let you know ;)
Cause I'm carving your ass up for dinner because you pissed me off so bad with your horrific use of the english language?
meford4u,Sep 7 2005, 02:26 AM Wrote:Tell him what he's one Alex.

[right][snapback]139634[/snapback][/right]

Fouquetarte :P
anyways................ back on topic!

franck,
you need the SVT oil dipstick for the SVT header and you will need to block off the EGR inlet off the stock ZETEC(not Ztec ;) ) and a chip to keep the CEL from coming on.
you will need to lengthen the o2 sensor harnesses to work with the SVT cat.

for the SVT exhaust conversion you will need the following:
SVT header
SVT dipstick and tube
SVT cat
SVT flex
SVT exhaust or 2.25" aftermarket exhaust
all nuts and bolts

good luck
Or save yourself all that trouble and just get a cat back from MBRP
yeah? Why bother doing the svt exhaust? Or is someone giving this to you? Cause a decent cat back system for our cars nowadays isn't all that much and is gonna be heck of a lot less hassle than trying to re-fit the entire svt exhaust system onto a zetec
Plus the SVT exhaust it still pretty quiet. If you want something with a nice tone to it go aftermarket.
Raine,Sep 7 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:Or save yourself all that trouble and just get a cat back from MBRP
[right][snapback]139677[/snapback][/right]

For half the money.,
There's no direct performance improvement by bolting a 2.5" exhaust to a N/A Focus engine over a good 2.25" performance exhaust. I don't think you'd see a real gain over the MBRP Zetec offering.
ca senvient cher ton move franck :P (it isnt cheap man)
Hum

i forgot to mention i got the pieces in my hears headers flex and cat..

and its was a really cheap deal i got so thats why i want to feat this on my engine

so the only thing i have to feat is the EGR i look on Ford racing they got a Svt headers modified for 2.0 engin the ERG go right in the heards... so can i drill the headers and but the exit au ERG there???

franck
vendette23,Sep 7 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:Hum

and its was a really cheap deal i got so thats why i want to feat this on my engine

so the only thing i have to feat is the EGR i look on Ford racing they got a Svt headers modified for 2.0 engin the ERG go right in the heards... so can i drill the headers and but the exit au ERG there???

franck
[right][snapback]139841[/snapback][/right]

Vend quece qu'ta, pis achete une exhaust magnaflow ou MRBR, ca va etre beaucoup plus facile. ;)
Flofocus,Sep 7 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:

franck

Vend quece qu'ta, pis achete une exhaust magnaflow ou MRBR, ca va etre beaucoup plus facile. ;)
[right][snapback]139858[/snapback][/right]

I agree, just sell that stuff off and buy a nice aftermarket set up. Sooo much easier. B) And it will sound much better.

franck

I am trying to do the same thing, only from the other end. I already have the 2.5" aftermarket exhaust and I want to put on the SVT flex forward components. I ordered the SVT header kit from McNews Automotive which includes:

The SVT Header, Heatshield, Dipstick, revised EGR tube, RT Cat, Flexpipe, O2 Extensions, and Hardware.

Unfortunately the SVT Header has been on backorder from Ford Racing for a number of months now. :angry:

I know that the dipstick is different on the SVT and so must be the EGR tube as the kit comes with a revised one. You might be able to order these pieces separately for your application.
but whit a full SVT line its will be better than a stock line true?

this project is possible?

yes
but
i'd suggest ther SVT header, cat and flex and then a nice aftermarket exhaust.

personally, i think Magnaflow sound the best on the Focus.