FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics Of New Rims For My Focus (1600 X 1200)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apologies for the dirty state of the car and warning again these are 1600x1200 pics:

[Image: new_rims_and_I_full_shot_2.jpg]

[Image: new_rims_and_I_full_shot.jpg]

NefCanuck
They look nice.
Glad you finally found rims.
Holy crap...

those look terrific!!!

good choice man!!
SangriaRedZX5,Sep 5 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:They look nice.
Glad you finally found rims.
[right][snapback]139059[/snapback][/right]

-nods- and these ones have the added advantage (or disadvantage :P ) of letting me see the brakes themselves, so it should be easy to spot any trouble :lol:

NefCanuck
Nice indeed!
Holy, those are kick ass. Nice choice buddy they look great on the car B)
Nice!

Are those 16" wheels with your stock rubber?
dBlast,Sep 5 2005, 06:05 PM Wrote:Nice!

Are those 16" wheels with your stock rubber?
[right][snapback]139104[/snapback][/right]

Yep, I'm a cheap SOB... besides, replacement time rolls around (pun intended) and I'll still have a good selection of A/S rubber at the 16" size that won't make my wallet faint from shock :D

Besides, I think the extra inch on the rims makes the stock rubber look like it's actually filling the wheel wells :lol:

NefCanuck
how much were those? <_<
focuzedn2o,Sep 5 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:how much were those?  <_<
[right][snapback]139162[/snapback][/right]

$650 cash all in at Wheels Direct (Including the tire swap and a set of locking lugs... which they forgot to install :angry: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 5 2005, 07:50 PM Wrote:
focuzedn2o,Sep 5 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:how much were those?   <_<
[right][snapback]139162[/snapback][/right]

$650 cash all in at Wheels Direct (Including the tire swap and a set of locking lugs... which they forgot to install :angry: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]139166[/snapback][/right]

I'll let you know when I do my next seasonal wheel swap and I'll do your lugs no charge, to be safe your wheel should be off the ground when changing lugs BTW.

Could be pretty soon. My soon to be EX wife hasn't told me what wheels and tire she wants on a "go forward basis" :rolleyes: She has three sets to choose from. Maybe she just leave them lying around like her shoes?

At any rate I will take my summer only tires of the Subaru soon, run the all seasons till November and then put the winters on. Lots of opportunities but you have to come to "teh evil empire" (Toronto) to do it.

Hope that is OK?

I give you a map. :lol:
very spiffy!!!

someday, my car will wear OZs.....

someday
darkpuppet,Sep 5 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:very spiffy!!!

someday
[right][snapback]139184[/snapback][/right]

When y'all win the lottery right? 'cause OZ rims ain't cheap... I priced them out for giggles... Nearly fainted I did :blink:

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Sep 5 2005, 08:35 PM Wrote:someday, my car will wear OZs.....

someday

When I tell her what Ford charges for a wheel swap I'm sure you'll be satisfied. No more free labour for her.

I suspect she will want the stockers only. You have dibs on the OZ and I will sell my killa snows to the highest bidder.
NefCanuck,Sep 5 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 5 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:very spiffy!!!

someday

When y'all win the lottery right? 'cause OZ rims ain't cheap... I priced them out for giggles... Nearly fainted I did :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]139185[/snapback][/right]
Uh hum...........we are talking about my soon to be (hopefully) available OZ wheels:

Comme sa:

[Image: Picture011small.jpg]

2001 ZTS,Sep 5 2005, 09:20 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 5 2005, 07:50 PM Wrote:$650 cash all in at Wheels Direct (Including the tire swap and a set of locking lugs... which they forgot to install  :angry: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]139166[/snapback][/right]

I'll let you know when I do my next seasonal wheel swap and I'll do your lugs no charge, to be safe your wheel should be off the ground when changing lugs BTW.

Could be pretty soon. My soon to be EX wife hasn't told me what wheels and tire she wants on a "go forward basis" :rolleyes: She has three sets to choose from. Maybe she just leave them lying around like her shoes?

At any rate I will take my summer only tires of the Subaru soon, run the all seasons till November and then put the winters on. Lots of opportunities but you have to come to "teh evil empire" (Toronto) to do it.

Hope that is OK?

I give you a map. :lol:
[right][snapback]139178[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Thanks, I assume the standard is one locking lug per wheel correct? (Someone said you should have a full set for each wheel, but that sounded like serious overkill to me)

Aside from the notches in the body if you're masochist enough to use the Ford supplied jack, where are the hoist points on the car's underside on a Focus? (I ask because my father has a three ton jack at home and he would be willing, if he knew where it was safe to put the jack)

Three sets for the Subbie? :blink: wow you must have a heck of a lot of storage space...

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Sep 5 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 5 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:When y'all win the lottery right? 'cause OZ rims ain't cheap... I priced them out for giggles... Nearly fainted I did  :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]139185[/snapback][/right]
Uh hum...........we are talking about my soon to be (hopefully) available OZ wheels:

Comme sa:

[Image: Picture011small.jpg]
[right][snapback]139188[/snapback][/right]

Very nice indeed, I'm just thinking though I could buy at *least* my rims & a CAI for what you'll pay for those OZ rims ;) Esp, in a larger diametre like 17" or 18" :lol: (Heck, 18"s would probably mean my rims a CAI *&* a MBRP catback exhaust)

NefCanuck
Lookin; good Daniel!
ANTHONYD,Sep 5 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:Lookin; good Daniel!
[right][snapback]139193[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Anthony, the Barrie BQ will mark the first outing that sees 'em live. Can hardly wait :)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 5 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:Three sets for the Subbie?  :blink:  wow you must have a heck of a lot of storage space...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]139189[/snapback][/right]

It's worse than that, the Focus and WRX each have three sets of wheels and tires:

Focus:

-185/65R15 Nokian Hakka on Ford Mondeo steel wheels
-205/50R16 on Ford OEM Firestones on OEM 5 spokes
-215/45R17 Falkens on OZ Superleggera in Anthracite.

WRX:

-205/55R16 Yokohama AVS winter on (tres cher) OEM Subaru steel wheels
-205/55R16 Bridgone Potenza OEM all seasons on stock wheels
-215/45R17 Yokohama ADVAN on Prodrive (by OZ) P-WRC1 wheels.

Long story short, I'm sticky year round and never go cheap when it comes to tires. When I sold my old Subaru Naz could re-sll the tires for more than the cost of the car.
Pages: 1 2