FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Locked Your Car? No Key? Try Using Your Cell Phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this E-Mail today... I tried... and it didn't work for me.... May be you can try this...

>Locked your keys in your car ???? Did you know this??
>
>If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call
>someone on your (or someone else's) cell phone.
>
>Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other
>person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker),
>holding it near the phone on their end. Your car doors will unlock.
>Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
>
>Distance is no object you could be hundreds of miles away, and if you
>can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can
>unlock the doors (or the trunk!).
>
>Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our car
>over a cell phone!)
>
>
>
>I locked the car had my youngest daughter call me while I was far away
>from the car. I clicked open into the phone and I could hear the car
>doors unlock through her cell phone. My daughter confirmed that sure
>enough the doors opened.
>
>Pass this one on to your friends
paolo,Sep 3 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:I got this E-Mail today... I tried... and it didn't work for me.... May be you can try this...
[right][snapback]138752[/snapback][/right]
It doesn't work.

Urban myth. :)
Mythbusters anyone.
Thats so dumb. Hopefully your trying to trick the board and actually didnt try that ... =P
tdot-zx3,Sep 4 2005, 02: Wrote:Thats so dumb. Hopefully your trying to trick the board and actually didnt try that ... =P
[right][snapback]138785[/snapback][/right]

Did anyone read my post? I said it DIDNT work... LMAO but I said try it...
Nope.

It won;t work.

Woulda been cool though.
ANTHONYD,Sep 4 2005, 08:13 AM Wrote:Nope.

It won;t work.

Woulda been cool though.
[right][snapback]138802[/snapback][/right]

thats what i said in the beginning of the post, dont you guys know how to READ?
....and ya can change TV channels over the phone too :lol: Some peoples children!
CanadaSVT,Sep 4 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:....and ya can change TV channels over the phone too :lol:  Some peoples children!
[right][snapback]138812[/snapback][/right]
Actually, if you have the old (I mean really old) tv remote control that uses a sound to change the channel (the actual reason people started calling the remote a "clicker"), that could work over the phone.
CanadaSVT,Sep 4 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:....and ya can change TV channels over the phone too :lol:  Some peoples children!

this is true. a lot of newer phones have IrDA interface on them, someone wrote an App for symbian OS that you load on the phone, and it turns the screen into a universal remote, which beams out through the phones IrDa port.
paolo,Sep 4 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:

this is true. a lot of newer phones have IrDA interface on them, someone wrote an App for symbian OS that you load on the phone, and it turns the screen into a universal remote, which beams out through the phones IrDa port.
[right][snapback]138830[/snapback][/right]

yeah my phone has bluetooth on it and you can load a program on the phone that can control your computer with your phone, as long as you have a bluetooth dongle on the PC

works great