FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Too Many Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about cutting back on the new fat you just added.
I understand its good to clarify and piramid some forums but geesh gettin a little too busy now..

Plus I am lazy.
How about 1 forum that has the last 24 hours posts.......
Unless i am stupid and its already here.....
Just a thought
Thats madd lazy^^^^
Try clicking on 'Today's active topics'

It lists all posts (no matter what forum) in descending order by most recent post.

I don't even bother going into each particular forum unless I'm looking for something specific.
Sundown,Sep 3 2005, 07:49 PM Wrote:How about cutting back on the new fat you just added.
I understand its good to clarify and piramid some forums but geesh gettin a little too busy now..

Plus I am lazy.
How about 1 forum that has the last 24 hours posts.......
Unless i am stupid and its already here.....
Just a thought
[right][snapback]138749[/snapback][/right]
how about a way for us to customize the forums we wanna see in our displays. Like say I wanna drop off the quebec regional since I don't speak or read french fluently. That'd be kinda interesting.
isn't marketplace and classifieds basically the same thing? maybe they should be linked together
On the right hand side of each forum category title you well see a box with a - in it. You can choose what forums categories you want minimize and such.
schade,Sep 4 2005, 01:08 AM Wrote:isn't marketplace and classifieds basically the same thing? maybe they should be linked together
[right][snapback]138778[/snapback][/right]

Nope. Classifieds are people selling things.

Marketplace is the site selling things, i.e. stickers etc....
As Jay mentioned, you can click on the minus box to minimize forums you don't want to see..

Quote:I don't even bother going into each particular forum unless I'm looking for something specific.

and that's why there are more forums being introduced.. to allow people looking for specific information have more convenient means of searching. As the site grows, and we add more information to the site, we're going to need the organization.

Of course, if anything is being underutilized and it turns out to be too complicated, I'll slowly prune the excess.

Right now, it's more a trial period to see what people use, and what we can fill..
The only thing that bugs me is how the ZX3tuning section is buried under 2 other layers.. since there is only 1 sponsor currently, I think we could do with having at least 1 layer taken off, just leave ZX3tuning as the title and have the 3 subforums off there.

Also, I think product reviews could be put into the Technobabble section rather than the marketplace, since it isnt specifically reviews for products sold in the marketplace section.
the quebec section is the coolest, thanks god. :P
Can we move the Quebec forum to the very bottom...it's in the way! :lol:
M.Bizzle,Sep 5 2005, 01:12 AM Wrote:Can we move the Quebec forum to the very bottom...it's in the way! :lol:
[right][snapback]138900[/snapback][/right]

at least the quebec forum isnt a sub-forum like yours...

:lol:
I like how the site is layed out dont change a thing steve...
guilty Wrote:The only thing that bugs me is how the ZX3tuning section is buried under 2 other layers.. since there is only 1 sponsor currently, I think we could do with having at least 1 layer taken off, just leave ZX3tuning as the title and have the 3 subforums off there.

Also, I think product reviews could be put into the Technobabble section rather than the marketplace, since it isnt specifically reviews for products sold in the marketplace section.

I noticed this same thing .. I thought he just messed up when making that section .. I was going to tell steve about it the other day.
french_connection,Sep 4 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:at least the quebec forum isnt a sub-forum like yours...

:lol:
[right][snapback]138919[/snapback][/right]

I really cant argue with that////

kinda a waste of a forum...
tdot-zx3,Sep 5 2005, 03: Wrote:
guilty Wrote:The only thing that bugs me is how the ZX3tuning section is buried under 2 other layers.. since there is only 1 sponsor currently, I think we could do with having at least 1 layer taken off, just leave ZX3tuning as the title and have the 3 subforums off there.

I noticed this same thing .. I thought he just messed up when making that section .. I was going to tell steve about it the other day.
[right][snapback]139088[/snapback][/right]

yeah... it's been buggin' me too.. wanted to keep the sponsors forum there, so when we had 1 or more sponsors, someone could post a general question, and have it answered by any of the sponsors... but it does seem a bit too much right now...

I can understand moving product review to technobabble, but sort of think it's also at home in the marketplace.... let me give this some thought... I'll move things around a bit.

** I also appologize for any confusion... the site is going to be in a state of flux for a bit.. bear with me!