FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What A Cluster F Uck This New Orleans Business Is
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unlike Canada, the US a President can't stay in power for more than two terms. Good thing because he could never get re-elected after this mess.

This mismanagement on top of the war will rock the Republicans. They may not even last the full four years he screwed it up so bad.

They are spread so thin resource wide and he was all smiles refusing foreign aid until late today.

Imagine if a terrorist sleeper cell, which nobody doubts there are many, hit a couple oil facilities* in Texas, Alaska or Alberta right now?

It would shut down the continent.

*or a couple pipelines? How do you guard 1000's of miles of pipeline?
yeah, it's amazing how they let this s**t just slide like this.

after 9/11, and all the talk of homeland security and BS ..not to mention 3 days warning from the national weather center that, without any uncertainty, the city would be destroyed, that it's taken them this long AFTER THE FACT to get mobilized.

The canadian DART team could have been there in 12 hours, purifying 10,000 gallons of water per day per purification unit.

It's just more proof that the government in the states has no idea what it's doing.. not to mention the general public who defaults to barbarism in the first days of hardship..... the whole situation is just sad and I can't wait until we just move forward from this.

not to mention that the media has been there for 3 days, taking pictures of death and desolation, when they could have been helping their own people instead... but that's not the american way...
darkpuppet,Sep 2 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:The canadian DART team could have been there in 12 hours, purifying 10,000 gallons of water per day per purification unit.
[right][snapback]138548[/snapback][/right]

That's just the tip of it, N.O. is just a 20 hour non-stop drive from here.

If a "general call for any and all help, we'll worry about money later" had been made three or four days ago between you, me , my brother, AnthonyD, the truck and trailer from my work and a couple hun at the grocery store all our camping gear and supplies could have kept dozens sheltered and fed.

God forbid due to politics he would ever ask for help from evil Canada until it is too late.

I used to be more open minded than most here about GW but as far as I'm concerned he can ROT now.

Did anyone you watch wolf blitzer on CNN?, he was getting some feedback from another corespondent that was pissed at Bush on how he was taking care of the situation and wolf was trying to play it off like it wasnt that bad. Wolf's last words to the guy were "do you have anything else to say about this" his response "this is discusting"
The interview with the NO mayor was pretty good. Just a little audio clip of him swearing about how bad it is.

It's pretty ironic that the US is the richest nation in the world, yet its own citizens are living in refugee camps waiting to die.
guilty,Sep 2 2005, 09:54 PM Wrote:The interview with the NO mayor was pretty good.  Just a little audio clip of him swearing about how bad it is. 

It's pretty ironic that the US is the richest nation in the world, yet its own citizens are living in refugee camps waiting to die.
[right][snapback]138555[/snapback][/right]

they can't even get their people into refugee camps.. that's half the problem!!!

it's ridiculous....
Didn't see it but don't doubt it.

There is no doubt that there aren't hundreds of, to borrow terror speak, "camper cells" in the GTA who could fill a truck with gear, food and water and be there in a day's drive.

OPG electrical workers have been on stand by twidling their thumbs to go there for days now in order to help re-establish the electrical grid and they are in the middle of a strike too.

I tell you they are spread so thin they had to wait till the military reservists left work Friday after their regular jobs to move in significant numbers.

SO DISGUSTING.
I was watching footage on how a helicopter was trying to save some people, but the people were shooting at the chooper cause they were trying to rob a house.

What a world we live in.
D-Dub,Sep 2 2005, 09: Wrote:What a world we live in.
[right][snapback]138559[/snapback][/right]

What a world "they" live in.
2001 ZTS,Sep 3 2005, 02:09 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Sep 2 2005, 09: Wrote:What a world we live in.
[right][snapback]138559[/snapback][/right]

What a world "they" live in.
[right][snapback]138562[/snapback][/right]

i will tell you andrew, since you so nicely asked.

they live in a world, where right now:

A-their president is more worried about getting irak s**t done so him and his friend can profit

B-Some fat fag in hollywood is making millions as we speak working the deal for the rights to this story

C-People act like anarchist after a few days, worst than any third world country... i.e. shooting at rescue teams, rape, murder, fights, fire, gang crime.... all into misery situation, and the rest of the country dont do s**t to help....

D-all of the above and the 1001 other reasons I could state right now but I wont because I rather drink more beer....

:huh:
The biggest problem with the U.S. right now is tha fact that they can't swallow their pride for one fuc kin' second to accept help.

All the people who could have helped the situation, are too busy in Iraq chasing rats and the President won't step off his apple box long enough to look at the big picture.

He's got a millionpeople without homes, people dying, people wading in toxic sluge water looking for help, and he's too busy looking for Mohamed Al-cock-lada tossing grenades at bubba in Iraq. A.K.A. "Fighting Dad's War"

A million bucks says, the ol' patriotisim will be flying like never before in the next few weeks. Way to stick together and stand strong yadda yadda yadda.

Bush is about as capable of running a country as I am.
ANTHONYD,Sep 2 2005, 11:49 PM Wrote:The biggest problem with the U.S. right now is tha fact that they can't swallow their pride for one fuc  kin' second to accept help.

All the people who could have helped the situation, are too busy in Iraq chasing rats and the President won't step off his apple box long enough to look at the big picture.

He's got a millionpeople without homes, people dying, people wading in toxic sluge water looking for help, and he's too busy looking for Mohamed Al-cock-lada tossing grenades at bubba in Iraq. A.K.A. "Fighting Dad's War"

A million bucks says, the ol' patriotisim will be flying like never before in the next few weeks. Way to stick together and stand strong yadda yadda yadda.

Bush is about as capable of running a country as I am.
[right][snapback]138597[/snapback][/right]

B.S. Anthony, you could run a country far far better than that fuckwit Shrub Jr. :lol:

NefCanuck
It's too late now but to think what we could have done.

Apparnt;tly six labourers were shot today?
NUKE IT :banger: :headbang: :banger: :1engrishsign:
2001 ZTS,Sep 4 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:It's too late now  but to think what we could have done.

[right][snapback]138935[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. It's chaos.

Even Celine Dion lost her s**t last night on Larry King.

As much of a cow she is....I hate to say it, but what she was saying made perfect sence.
Gun sales are UP 1500% says the US news.

Great.
2001 ZTS,Sep 5 2005, 03:45 AM Wrote:Gun sales are UP 1500% says the US news.

Great.
[right][snapback]138950[/snapback][/right]

maybe its a sign I should order this AK clone I been looking at for a while, when they come banging on the door because their country is all f**ked, I'll be ready with a butterfly mag... :hi:
2001 ZTS,Sep 4 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:It's too late now  but to think what we could have done.

it was 6 hooligans who were shot when they opened fire on a bunch of construction workers.

police returned fire and kicked their asses.
darkpuppet,Sep 5 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:

it was 6 hooligans who were shot when they opened fire on a bunch of construction workers.

police returned fire and kicked their asses.
[right][snapback]139158[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like business as usual then. Nice to see the Big Easy getting back to normal.
I think our biggest problem down here is.. that monkeyhead in the white house.

Quick to go invade Iraq for No Apparent Reason.

Pretty quick to help with the tsunami areas.

Slower than a snail to come to tha aid of your own people.

Anyone check the policital cartoon in the Toronto Star on I think Saturday? How fitting. I looked at it last night and nearly spewed my drink all over the place.
Pages: 1 2