FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Say Good Bye To My Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:(

Last pictures of my motorcycle taken this evening; if all goes well it should be gone tomorrow.

It was rolling on a 19" front wheel back in 1983. It's older than half people on this board. It's taken me to Florida twice in winter and everywhere between here and Halifax often.

It has truly been an important part of my life.

[Image: Picture001.jpg]

[Image: Picture002.jpg]

Hard to believe.
is it going to a good home ?? or did the smithzonian grab it

j/k very clean bike
ciao
glad you were finally able to unload it...

hope you got fair dollar value;)
Had I my M license I woulda taken it off you..
The first bike I rode was back in 1983, my buddy's Kawasaki GPZ350 with a similar paint scheme to your 550. Back then bikes with race inspired painted fairings were flashy and new on the scene.
Bye.

BTW Raine all you gotta do is run down to the license bureau, write a test and you can ride a bike for a couple of months. Like summer...
for the nice cars in your driveway, you sure got a lot of weeds :lol:
darkpuppet,Sep 2 2005, 07:58 PM Wrote:glad you were finally able to unload it...

hope you got fair dollar value;)
[right][snapback]138539[/snapback][/right]
It's not fair but is how the market works, Canadian Tire sells BICYCLES that cost more than I will part with this for.
I know what it;s like to let go of something that truely had an impact on your life. Take lots of pictures and hang on to them....The boy and you will get a good scream out of it one day.
ANTHONYD,Sep 2 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:I know what it;s like to let go of something that truely had an impact on your life. Take lots of pictures and hang on to them....The boy and you will get a good scream out of it one day.
[right][snapback]138600[/snapback][/right]
In all seriousness not being a "motorcyclist" anymore is more damaging than the divorce business.

But, truth be told I'm like Vin Diesel in the F&F with that muscle car, that bike scares myself now so much that I can't imagine pushing it on any bike anymore.

I've hit 220+km/hr on it already and it's scary so much so that you can't even glance down at your instruments. CRIEKEEY it runs mid 11's and has a 0-60 of about 3.5.

MENAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!, MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case anyone is/was wondering the answer is/was:

65HP and less than a 400lbs for the bike is about the equivalent of a 700HP Focus.
crazikev,Sep 2 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:for the nice cars in your driveway, you sure got a lot of weeds :lol:
[right][snapback]138577[/snapback][/right]

My weed ridden/cracked driveway is worth more than your life, from a fiscal standpoint. :P
2001 ZTS,Sep 2 2005, 11:44 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Sep 2 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:for the nice cars in your driveway, you sure got a lot of weeds :lol:

My weed ridden/cracked driveway is worth more than your life, from a fiscal standpoint. :P
[right][snapback]138609[/snapback][/right]
i beg to differ. i got more weeds than you
crazikev,Sep 3 2005, 01:11 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 2 2005, 11:44 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]138609[/snapback][/right]
i beg to differ. i got more weeds than you
[right][snapback]138615[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but do your weeds have a "street value"?
SOLD and I'll be damned, the thing actually started too after sitting with zero maintenance in an unheated garage for two years. I didn't even add fuel stabilizer when I stored it.
Very nice. Too bad your loosing it!