FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lambo Doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much did they cost to get done???
The kit was $1500 but install was free since me and a buddy did it.

No shop in Regina will touch them. I know Dave Cape said he would try it but your looking at a couple hundred dollars a day and you will need some extra money for any mishaps (fender painting, rework) either route you take.
:o
Jay, I'll give you $50 for a well documented how-to...
There was an article about them in the last issue of Focus Fanatic magazine.. it showed pretty much step by step instructions on how to install the LSD (Lambo Style Doors) brand hinge kit.

From the sounds of the article it doesnt seems like the installation is too tough, but it's a pretty involved mod and you want to make sure you do it right.
There are a few thing the articles in the mag dont tell you. What you have to do if you accidental cut to much out and warp your fender.

They dont mention anything about making a custom bracket to add support becuase once you cut anything out of the fender it wants to start pushing out.

I also dont see anything or mention of the windsheild washer fluid tank. I had to customize mine and relocate the pump.

Good wright up but they missed a few pictures would really help.

Any one looking at doing it give yourself a good weekend and be patient.

Keep in mind im still adjusting them time for time and even with the 18 hours put into them im redoing them again this winter.
ZX3TUNR,Sep 3 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:Keep in mind im still adjusting them time for time and even with the 18 hours put into them im redoing them again this winter.
[right][snapback]138613[/snapback][/right]

What now? Are you converting them to gull-wing doors? :lol: