FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Coil Pack Wiring Harness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime I would take the car out, and drive it, it would seem fine at first, but if I hoped on the throttle it would hesitate, and sound like it was mis-firing. The car sounded like crap, I couldnt drive over 4Krpm because of this....

I then started searching here and FJ, a member by the name of DanielB_Zx3 pointed me in the right direction. Thanks. :D

Heres what I found...

[Image: DSCF1693.jpg]

Thats the connector that plugs into your coil pack. Right in front of it, below.

So, I went and bought this.

[Image: DSCF1694.jpg]

Very easy install. Requires Wire cutters, Soldering iron, some solder, electrical tape, lighter/heat-gun/hairdryer for the shrink rap. The package comes with instructions also. Cost is just over $50.00 with taxes. Some here can probably get it cheaper.

The new connector is def a lot more beefier, the wires arent as flimsy as the old one.
WHAT PART IS THAT? AND WHERE UNDER THE HOOD IS IT???
Part # is one the bag.....WPT-517

Its the connector going to your coil pack...

[Image: wireloc.jpg]
Flofocus,Oct 14 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:Part # is one the bag.....WPT-517

Its the connector going to your coil pack...

[Image: wireloc.jpg]
[right][snapback]149039[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Flo.

I'll have a look tonight.

I can drive over 4k though. <_< It just feels like a "flutter" in the motor. Maybe plugs? :rolleyes:
When mine was going I could drive over 4k also, it just sounded like it was misfiring....then it got worse and worse...thats when I found this on FJ and replaced it right away...
I'll check it anyway.

I'm hoping it;s a cheap fix whatever it is. :S