FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics From My Trip Down East
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As i rolled into Cape Breton
[Image: 100_0428.jpg]

[Image: 100_0430.jpg]

[Image: 100_0431.jpg]

Once i got to Sydney

[Image: 100_0434.jpg]

[Image: 100_0435.jpg]

[Image: 100_0436.jpg]

[Image: 100_0440.jpg]

[Image: 100_0444.jpg]
Nice, I recognize the "Canso Straits" very well. Looks like the Thelasa Degangnes was the tanker you saw (the one with the yellow stripe on bow).
I wonna climb that violin...
Here's some more......

Front end view as i rolled into Cape Breton :lol: :lol: <_<

[Image: 100_0429.jpg]

Here's some as we left B)

[Image: 100_0457.jpg]

[Image: 100_0458.jpg]

And the prize! i can't believe i drove all the way back loaded down like this :lol:

[Image: 100_0471.jpg]
Damnit Gord! Had I known you were going out that way I woulda had you grab me some moosehead premium. Awesome pics dude. Hope you had a blast

And Andrew, it looks like the name on the bow reads Angelia Desgannes... don't trust my eyes, but if that's right, is there a ship of that name that you know of?
Nice pics!

I noticed that you went back to your stock wheels. Was it for comfort on the long journey or were you protecting your 18s from the rough roads?
dBlast,Sep 2 2005, 04:53 AM Wrote:Nice pics!

I noticed that you went back to your stock wheels.  Was it for comfort on the long journey or were you protecting your 18s from the rough roads?
[right][snapback]138369[/snapback][/right]

Yeah i went back to my stockers for a few reasons.....

1. i wasn't sure how the roads would be, but had no problems they were pretty good all the way out. It was mostly the side streets in Sydney that were really rough. :unsure:

2. The rubber on my stockers was only a month old before I put the car away last year, so i figured i'd put the K's on the brand new 15" Kumho's instead of the 18" Toyo's :D

3. It just cost me $200 + $66 brokerage for a set new center caps for the 18's, so i'd hate to see what it would cost to have another rim shipped all the way up here by UPS :angry:

4. the stockers are way lighter than my 18's too! SO i probably saved a bunch on my fuel milage too, which was good since the last stop for gas was just before Montreal and cost $42 @ $1.34.9/L :(
Wowww! I was just there like a month ago... and your car looks hot.
I am off to Cape Breton in two weeks. Do you think I willl be okay with my drop and my rims on. It been a while since I've been home. Are the roads okay? If you dont mind me askin, what did you spend in gas?
nice looking ride... just wondering. why is the front plates not mounted in the middle?
Nice pics Gord! :D
ca_focus,Sep 4 2005, 03:48 PM Wrote:I am off to Cape Breton in two weeks. Do you think I willl be okay with my drop and my rims on. It been a while since I've been home. Are the roads okay? If you dont mind me askin, what did you spend in gas?
[right][snapback]138866[/snapback][/right]

I went down with a sportline drop, but put my stockers back on! And i had no problems with the roads all the way there! I don't know what drop you have or rims/rubber so it's your call.

I DO suggest some kind of stone chip protection though (either a bra if you're stock or 3m protection) as my front bumper is chipped bad and i need a re-paint.

i haven't totalled up the gas bills yet, but i'd say around $200 each way, and that was before the massive crazy gas hike
Jaspher,Sep 4 2005, 06:33 PM Wrote:nice looking ride... just wondering. why is the front plates not mounted in the middle?
[right][snapback]138887[/snapback][/right]

LAZINESS + i just didn't care, only didn't want to get pulled over! :lol: :lol:
From burlington to the beach on the Bay of Fundy.

[Image: IMG_14.jpg]
[Image: IMG_13.jpg]
That must've hurt Anthony
Can you Guys not get Keith's in Ontario I thought you could all across the country. Olands and schooner are my Favorite

01-yellow-ZX3

BradfordZX3,Sep 5 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Can you Guys not get Keith's in Ontario I thought you could all across the country. Olands and schooner are my Favorite
[right][snapback]139105[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but not Keith's Red though.
Ya it just came out like last month
Nice pics, i havn't been down that way but i always here good things about the cape and nova scotia. Hope you had fun though ;)

Do you like the kieth's red?? I really like it, i had like 5 last night and was blown away on how good it was compared to the shitty ole regular kieth's?

No Alpine??? What gives man?? :lol:

Alpine is god down here B)

Everyone heads to cape breton and stuff but never my way, now i feel sad :(

The bug thing though northern new brunswick PWNeS :D

Anthony that looks like a nice spot down on the fundy, where about's is it?
It was a good tome, wish i could've stayed longer...

And as far as the Keith's goes none of it was for me! :lol: :lol:

All were requests from friends and relatives, as we can't get Keith's light or red in Ontario. And there's supposed to be a Keith's blonde out too?

i plan on going back out next year for 3 weeks instead of 3 days :lol: