FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 4.6 Billion Dollars Lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard this on the radio and a lot of people are sending it through e-mails... I'm not going to tell the whole story, but to keep it short and sweet...

If everyone does NOT buy gas tomorrow... than they will be 4.6 billion dollars in the hole... and WILL consider to drop gas prices.

True or not? Not quite sure... but I don't need gas tomorrow.
yeah i got like 3 emails about it...

sept 1st is international "dont buy gas and stick it in your ass" day to these bastard gas companies
I'm not buying gas tomorrow. I don't need gas till sunday hopefully!
No gas buying for me either!
i wont need gas tomorrow so i wont buy it. but it has nothing to do with the dont buy gas day.
this whole dont buy gas thing is a joke!!! everyone allready filled up. the real thing should be "dont consume gas day". if you dont fill up tomorrow, its jsut gonna be the same when u fill up on friday. they arent losing your money, they are jsut waiting an extra day.

buying and consuming are to different things. it will hurt they're pockets more if you dont consume.

some people really need to think before they send these emails with these "great ideas to change the world"
yeah im with above ^...

dont buy gas day as a big screw up, people are stupid and need to consume, if people did like I did 1 year ago and started to bike to work, then we might have a chance, but people dont realized that living close to your work is the best saving you can do to yourself. (for a lot of people that it can apply) ((I know there is exceptions))

B)
It's funny...people bitch about the gas price, but if the gas price goes up to let say 5$L people will still need to buy it. No gas no car...

You just need to try save your gas..like don't go doing ups in your down....but it's hard!!! :lol:
focusonthis_88,Aug 31 2005, 06:34 PM Wrote:You just need to try to fun the gas..like don't go doing ups in your down....but it's hard!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]137920[/snapback][/right]
:wtf:
^^^ agreed with ZX5... WTF?

And, thanks Steve for that link...
Yeah, I don't know what to make of it either, just thought I'd post it to see what people thought. Yeah, I don't need gas, not cause of the day, just cause I'm full :)
It should be interesting...

I say we're gonna get super gouged friday...

My prediction 1.25~1.35....
Its at 1.04 here now, actually since 1:00pm it has been that price!
focusonthis_88,Aug 31 2005, 06:34 PM Wrote:It's funny...people bitch about the gas price, but if the gas price goes up to let say 5$L people will still need to buy it.  No gas no car...

You just need to try save your gas..like don't go doing ups in your down....but it's hard!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]137920[/snapback][/right]

SOrry...:lol:
Sorry for what??
What does doing ups in your down mean buddy?:lol:
I'm not too sure up the ups in your downs part either, but this whole dont buy gas day thing is really stupid. For all the people who think they're making a stand for buying gas either the day before or the day after, need to think about that for a second.

The only way to change the price really, is to decrease the demand or increase the supply.

But still, I hope a lot of people decide to not buy gas tomorrow.. that means I dont have to do any work :P
everyone read this. it may be true but its a real eye opener.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:What does doing ups in your down mean buddy?:lol:
[right][snapback]137950[/snapback][/right]

Driving up and down the streets in you town.
No buying gas day... hahaha... I blocked everyone that sent me this email... If you wanna get the attention of these gas companies, arrange it so that no one buys gas for 2 weeks. See what they say then. Or even better, someone blow up 10 or so stations... that'll get someone's attention.

Note: In Toronto, at Warden & Sheppard, the price of regular at Shell is now up to 126.9

Futher note: TTC earlier today announced that in order to counter terrorism, they are replacing all their garbage bins with clear, see-thru ones. The money is coming out of the funds allotted to them by the federal and provincial gov'ts... where did this money - along with the money to buy 800 new buses - come from? GAS TAX!

And guess what, the higher the cost of gas, the higher the tax!! YAY!

At $1.25tre, we're looking at about a $0.46/l gas tax.

The fact is no one can do anything about it. Boycotting for one day won't bother the stations a bit, because everyone will have filled up today when it dropped to 98c or they'll fill up Friday. Makes no difference at all.
Pages: 1 2