FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Printer Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, Does anyone know how to repair printers.

I have an epson stylus CX5200 all in one unit and my brother left on the printer for a few days and the ink has hardened in the ink heads. does anyone have an idea how to unclog them or somewhere i can take the printer to to have it done..

also, does anyone have a hookup on toner. I need a cartridge for an HP laserjet 4
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:Hey,  Does anyone know how to repair printers.

I have an epson stylus CX5200 all in one unit and my brother left on the printer for a few days and the ink has hardened in the ink heads. does anyone have an idea how to unclog them or somewhere i can take the printer to to have it done..

also, does anyone have a hookup on toner. I need a cartridge for an HP laserjet 4
[right][snapback]137756[/snapback][/right]

Use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to get those clogs out. Then run a cleaning maintenance on the printer from the computer's options.
Ive tried that... didnt work. Next step i'll probaby try to pull out the whole cartridge mount... i guess thats what its called.
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:Ive tried that... didnt work. Next step i'll probaby try to pull out the whole cartridge mount... i guess thats what its called.
[right][snapback]137766[/snapback][/right]

I think its called a cradle. Yeah there should be little nozzles/ports on the heads there. Clean those SOB's with alcohol too until there is no more colours there.
Pull the cradle out and soak in hot water.

LET DRY COMPLETLY.

Reinstall.
Thanks guys. i was hoping this printer wasnt a write-off... i got it on that business depot scam back in the day...

remember the 100$ rebate on the 100$ camera. i bought the camera on line, they said they were out of stock so i argued until they gave me something else... lol I paid 90.00 for a 240.00 printer.