FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Entry - Mid Level Laptop/notebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lookin for a laptop under 1G range, pm me if u have anything,, its a going back to school present for my sister. Preferably ACER. PM me if u have anything
bump
PM me if you have contacts or connections with any distributor.. I'm looking for a deal here.
Bump!!! still looking
Hope this Helps Paolo, Its all Canadian site too.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/forum...y.php?f=11
Inspiron 1300 Qty 1
Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1.40 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price $989.00
Dell Customers: Savings on your Online Purchase
Expires December 2, 2005
- $90.00
Catalog Number: 70703
Module Description Show Details
Inspiron 1300 Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1.40 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
LCD Panel 14.1in WXGA Display
Memory 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimm
Video Card Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics
Hard Drive 40GB Hard Drive
Integrated Modem and NIC Internal 56K Modem and Integrated Network Card
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Cards No Wireless Selected
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee Security Center w/ VirusScan, Firewall and Privacy, 90-day trial
Primary Battery 4-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (35 WHr)
Hardware Support Services 1 Yr Return to Depot Service with 1 Yr Tech Support
Digital Imaging or Digital Photography Corel Photo Album™ 6 Starter Edition - Organize and Edit your photos
Operating System Backup & Recovery PC Restore recovery system by Symantec
TOTAL:$899.00
thanks, but im looking FIRST for private sale/seller, then if nothing can be found, then i'll consider stores.
I think we have a few compaq armada's at work for sale, probably 200-300 range.

P3 - 800/p4 1ghz
512 mb ram
15" screens
dvd or cd-r drives
20-40gb hard drive.

let me know.
paolo,Nov 30 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:thanks, but im looking FIRST for private sale/seller, then if nothing can be found, then i'll consider stores.
[right][snapback]158663[/snapback][/right]

No worries... I just figured it was a smokin' deal for a lappy with 1GB of RAM and a mobile processor with a 1MB L2 cache.

If you're interested in Dell down the road, give me a holler. I get a stupid discount through the office... we've been Dell SMB customers FOREVER.

The discount I get well exceeds what's shown there as a web discount ;)
bump still looking
prefer windoze XP not Vistacrap
paolo,Sep 18 2007, 07:06 PM Wrote:bump still looking
[right][snapback]249031[/snapback][/right]

Have you looked at the Dell.ca site lately? The Vostro business line of notebooks have XPPro as does the low end Inspiron...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 18 2007, 08:53 PM Wrote:
paolo,Sep 18 2007, 07:06 PM Wrote:bump still looking
[right][snapback]249031[/snapback][/right]

Have you looked at the Dell.ca site lately? The Vostro business line of notebooks have XPPro as does the low end Inspiron...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]249040[/snapback][/right]

Yes I have, and then I came right here because I'm looking for a Private deal instead of a retail sale...
bump still looking
For the laptop gurus... is this a good deal for $1693 ?

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB, 2MB cache/) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition edit
SYSTEM COLOUR Crimson Red Casing With Microsatin Finish edit
LCD AND CAMERA High Res, Glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD & 2.0 MP Camera (1440x900) edit
MEMORY 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms) edit
HARD DRIVE 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive edit
GRAPHICS CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8600M GT edit
OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability edit
Essentials
PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 edit
WIRELESS CARD Intel® 3945 802.11a/g Mini-card edit
INTERNET ACCESS Please contact me with more details edit
Dell Recommends
You may be eligible for 3 months of Sympatico Total Performance Internet Service!
Click here to Sign Up!
Upgrade to 3 months of Sympatico Total Performance Internet Service included (ON&QC) add $0

SECURITY SOFTWARE Norton Internet Security 2007: antivirus, antispyware, firewall, 15-month edit
BLUETOOTH Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0+Enhanced Data Rate), for XPSM1530 edit
ONLINE DATA STORAGE DataSafe Online Backup 10GB (included with price) edit
HARDWARE SERVICES 1 Year Return to Depot Service and Technical Support edit
Dell Recommends
Get the support you need! 3 Year Next Busines Day Onsite/In Home Service and Technical Support.
Upgrade to 3 Year Next Busines Day Onsite/In Home Service and Technical Support [add $249 or $7/month1]

BATTERY OPTIONS 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery edit
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition edit
Accessories
COLOURFUL CASES Messenger - up to 15.4" - Black/Red edit
ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Fawk.......I didn't realize you were still looking. I had heard of a great deal(they are definately sold out now) for I believe it was a Toshiba notebook from Futures*** that sells for $1699 and they had it on their boxing dale sale online for $799. My friend picked up two and sold one, and I did see the laptop. I will keep the word out for you as I have several friends in the field of puter sales and programming.
Another option is trying the Dell Financial Services Canada website. They have Dell PC & laptop returns (some having never been used at all) You can catch some killer deals there, esp. this time of year.

Most of them still have at least a year warranty (In some cases as long as three years) for a pretty decent price.

Dell Financial Services Canada website

Good luck

NefCanuck
meford4u,Jan 2 2008, 08:47 PM Wrote:Fawk.......I didn't realize you were still looking.  I had heard of a great deal(they are definately sold out now) for I believe it was a Toshiba notebook from Futures*** that sells for $1699 and they had it on their boxing dale sale online for $799.  My friend picked up two and sold one, and I did see the laptop.  I will keep the word out for you as I have several friends in the field of puter sales and programming.
[right][snapback]255432[/snapback][/right]

ive been looking since I first started the post.. I never posted that i actually found one, so the need for a laptop is still valid!
Let me know how much your friend is selling is other laptop for..