FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leather Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is my 2nd vehicle with leather interior but my 1st was a jeep and I let it get dirty and didn't treat it well. But now I really want to take care of our new vehicle but im not sure what to use.

This is what our seats look like
[Image: 2009-lincoln-mkx_21.jpg]

So first of should I be using two different type's of treatment one for light colour and one for dark?

Now here is the tricky part the light section in the center is almost like a basketball jersey and has alot of tiny holes so what can I use to treat/protect it and what should I use to clean it any tips would help thanks guys.
my buddy told me a bought a leather wax. (ill find out what is called)

any hoo he shampooed my svt seats and put is on the leather and there still shining almost 5days later.

all ask him today.
ive used armor all for the leather. makes the seats slippery!!
I use the Meguiar's stuff. The best! I think it's safe to use the same stuff for light and dark, but I wouldn't use the same wipe. I would use one for the light, one for the dark.
And don't just wipe it down, you're supposed to massage the solution in.
x2 on the Meguiar's recommendation, but depending on the Meguiar's product you buy, the instructions may in fact be different as to whether to spray & wipe or "work it in"

The Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/protectant I use is spray & wipe for example.

NefCanuck
ZX3_2NV,Apr 1 2010, 10:11 AM Wrote:Well this is my 2nd vehicle with leather interior but my 1st was a jeep and I let it get dirty and didn't treat it well. But now I really want to take care of our new vehicle but im not sure what to use.

This is what our seats look like
[Image: 2009-lincoln-mkx_21.jpg]

So first of should I be using two different type's of treatment one for light colour and one for dark?

Now here is the tricky part the light section in the center is almost like a basketball jersey and has alot of tiny holes so what can I use to treat/protect it and what should I use to clean it any tips would help thanks guys.
[right][snapback]304260[/snapback][/right]

IIRC your seats are the "heated / cooled" and those tiny holes in the lighter part is where the "cool" comes from - so whatever you use, make sure it doesn't plug those holes.

What does the manual say?
ZTW thats what I figured but I wasn't sure. I flipped thru the manual but haven't gone thru the whole thing yet the Dam Nav one took me a while to go thru. You think there will be suggestions or tips in there? If yaa I'll keep a look out.

And Nate can I find the products you posted anywhere local or is it just online?
Not sure, I buy all my detail supplies online. Much easier, and usually cheaper.