FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paint Cans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to paint my trim... got the liquid grey. There's no way i'm taking this in to get painted... i'm going to try myself. problem is... i have no idea where i would even start looking for spray cans of my colour. anyone know where in the london area i can find somewhere to get my paint?
Go to ford and ask them to make you up a paint bomb.
can prolly buy a small jar of paint from ford... find a friend with an airbrush or someone with a paint shop, and go to town.. probably need to thin it down a LOT tho if its anything like the paint i got from chrysler for my other car.
Crappy Tire
I went to a car autobody paint supplier and they made me a spray can, and 1/2 a quort of paint for something like $30.00, and the paint code was off my door and matched perfectly.
Maybe I will have to find someone like that here in Ottawa!

ZX3guy2000,Aug 31 2005, 07:59 PM Wrote:Maybe I will have to find someone like that here in Ottawa!
[right][snapback]137983[/snapback][/right]

Tim, I went to Nappa Auto Parts in Rockland and they made in for like 30$ aswell.
focusonthis_88,Aug 31 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:
ZX3guy2000,Aug 31 2005, 07:59 PM Wrote:Maybe I will have to find someone like that here in Ottawa!

Tim, I went to Nappa Auto Parts in Rockland and they made in for like 30$ aswell.
[right][snapback]137997[/snapback][/right]

Nice I will give them a call tomorrow! I want to paint some things!!!

ZX3guy2000,Aug 31 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:Maybe I will have to find someone like that here in Ottawa!

Like I said .... Ford can make these up for you too....
Okay I will call both and find out the price difference if any!
alright, thanks a lot guys. i'll have a run to ford tomorrow and see what they say. unfortunatly... i don't know anyone in the painting business... nor do i know anyone who's done their own paint... so i need the spraycans :angry:
d'ah well... we'll see waht they say, and if not i'll just browse the city asking people
I did what Frost said, go to an autobody supply store and they can mix it to the color code on your door sticker (+ make, model, year). They should be able to put it in a can or a spraycan.. I got a spraycan for around $20, perfect match.
surprisingly... crappy tire carried 'dark shadow grey' which is the name of liquid grey... for the escape ('twas my last car)
so... i'm gonna paint the mirror inserts and see how well it matches up... (seeing as it's just the inserts... and so long as it's CLOSE, it's fine)
if it's an exact match as the name suggests... i can do the rear trim and the handles... if not... this paint is going to the interior (depending on how long i can make one can last...)