FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rain X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You too can drive 140 kms/hr in the driving rain with the use of NO windsheild wipers and only a few coats of Rain X...

Definately an awesome product, and like most people know, it makes driving in the rain easier due to added visability...

:lol:
Drivesthebeast,Aug 30 2005, 06:03 PM Wrote:You too can drive 140 kms/hr in the driving rain with the use of NO windsheild wipers and only a few coats of Rain X...

Definately an awesome product, and like most people know, it makes driving in the rain easier due to added visability...

:lol:
[right][snapback]137350[/snapback][/right]

Amen to that, i use rain x on thew windshield here on a regular basis B) Works awesome, after 80Kph it starts to work, 10 or more the rain beads off like rain on freshly waxed paint :D
Bahhhh!

I've been using it for years, on all my windows, and lights and only apply it twice a year, I hardly ever use my wipers unless I'm in stop-n-go traffic even in snow too.
ive used it, but my wipers have gone to !@#%. I wonder if it is because of this?
crazikev,Aug 31 2005, 01:40 AM Wrote:ive used it, but my wipers have gone to !@#%.  I wonder if it is because of this?
[right][snapback]137622[/snapback][/right]

it helps if you up grade them to the crappy tire Reflex brand, works wonders with RainX, when you have to use the wipers that is. :lol:
link?
The rainex actually coats the teflon on the wiperblade rendering them useless. I used to use rain-x religiously, but I got tired of replacing wipers every 3 months.

http://www.rainx.com
It's great for the non teflon coated wipers though, i don't seem to have the trouble here though with our teflon coated ones from crappy :huh:
I find the jug of Rain X much easier and works better.
I've been using RAINX for over a year and a half now... and what a great product! I have a couple friends that frown to it, but that's just because they spray the window and dent buff enough out. Two mists of the bottle on a micro fiber cloth and it does half a windshield at least, then buff it out with a perfectly clean one. I actually applied it for the first time to my Focus last night after some rain. I Windex'd the window (actually... Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner... :P) and applied a little bit to the front and back windows. Have only used the wipers once or twice (two swipes) since... and it's been raining here since last night.

As for my old Ranger, I coated all the windows with RAINX... and the dirt that flew off those windows was awesome (when I went off road at all).
Rain x :banger: . Wynns "Rain Away" :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Rain X is awsome, as long as you don't end up using the wipers, cuase it'll just wipe that s**t away :(
But RainX as a windsheild wiper fluid BITES!!!

I have it in the truck and it froze solid until last night.
meford4u,Nov 27 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:But RainX as a windsheild wiper fluid BITES!!!

[right][snapback]157934[/snapback][/right]

did you use Pink ( summer ) or Yellow ( winter ) ? if you use the blue version it's the el cheapo product.
Frost__2001,Nov 27 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 27 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:But RainX as a windsheild wiper fluid BITES!!!

[right][snapback]157934[/snapback][/right]

did you use Pink ( summer ) or Yellow ( winter ) ? if you use the blue version it's the el cheapo product.
[right][snapback]157945[/snapback][/right]

Yellow
my rainx washerfluid isn't frozen... but it's no different than the rest of em... if anything... worse when it comes to clearing dirt, but amazing when it comes to clearing ice.
i'll definatly have to try out this rainx spray though, i'm getting sick of hitting the washer fluid every 5 minutes
And I use the Rainx washer fluid as well... mine never freezes. Was good in my Ranger, and just as good in the Focus? Ever considered installing the Motomaster washer fluid heater meford?
I love it for the way it works with rain. The rain does not stick to the glass, even slush and wet snow slip right off.

I hate it for the way it works with wipers. After a while there seems to be a haze that is initially created with each wipe that you have to wait a few seconds to clear. Even though it makes the glass slippery to the elements, it makes the glass very grippy to the wipers after extended use. It makes me cringe every time I have to activate the wipers. The wiper almost bounces across the windshield with a grippy chatter. :angry:

I wonder if anyone knows if those silicone blades (from 'silblade'?) work any better with RainX?
Like I said.... It coats the teflon on the blades rendering them usless after only a few months of use.

Rain-x blows.
My ex tryed to be nice and did the mirrors with rain-x, well she let the stuff slide down the door. D'ONT LET THAT STUFF TOUCH YOUR PAINT! It will make it cloudy and it won't buff out. That door is screwed. But used the way it was design, this stuff is great! I had problems with my wipers, but I just change them.
Pages: 1 2