FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Me And My Zx3...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I was heading northbound on West street yesterday afternoon about 1pm, and had been driving slow (50 kms/hr) to enjoy some tunes and the nice weather around town. I had sped up a bit to get passed some cars in the left lane so I could get ahead of them for my turn coming up, further up the road. A lady with her kids were in an 05 Toyota Seinna also traveling the same direction as me, and had been turning right (using one of those little ramps or right turn lanes) to turn into a plaza on the right. As she was turning right, she decided at the last second that she was going to the other plaza on the other side of the road. So, without looking, she turned her van hard left, and came straight across 3 lanes, right in front of me. I had to do an emergency lane change while braking, and then some, just missing the rear left corner of her van by inches. I was pissed, and decided to go and find her and turned into the plaza at another entrance up the street. I ended up driving towards her in the plaza, and was waving, honking and flashing my brights at her, and she went by, completely oblivious. So I turned around and followed them into the drive-thru of wendy's. The wendy's drive thru....she almost killed me and maybe her kids because they wanted wendy's and not something else....Well, I pulled up beside them in the driveway and was calling to them. Her duaghter looked over and made a weird face at me, and then told her mom there was some weird guy trying to talk to them, and proceeded to roll the glass up and turn away...meanwhile, the mom was still completely oblivious I was there, and that anything had happened...I was so angry at this point, that I just drove away, because if I let my temper out, things or words I would regret might have taken place...

I went through 6 months in Afghanistan with only 1 incident, and it was part of the job...I am home less than 6 weeks and almost get killed, or at least my car killed 2 blocks from home...Had I not had my good tires and my suspension mods done, I would NOT have manoveured fast enough to avoid that van...

Please people, use your mirrors, your turn signals, etc...could save your life or someone elses...complacancey kills...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 30 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:Please people, use your mirrors, your turn signals, etc...could save your life or someone elses...complacancey kills...

Wow, oblivious drivers...hmmm sounds familiar...oh right, EDMONTONIANS SUCK ASS AS DRIVERS.

close call man, glad you avoided the mess.

mind you i would of walked up to the car while she was at the take out window...and tore her a new asshole,but that's me
I dont know if i would have done that with her kids in the car. but if she was by herself... no problem. Its just those sorta things are what kids remember.

But hey, theres no need for that. Usually a dirty look from me is intimidating enough.
not to sound like a real dick here...but, i think by waking up "MOM" by giving her a tongue lashing, is alot better then an ambulance technician, or police officer telling the kids that moms dead because she a dum driver.

they would remember that alot more. no?

They would remember that, but what can a child do to improve their parents driving...

Its a no win situation.

and puts the child in a much worse situation. Like i said those are the things their kids remember. for years and years after. Not the sort of memory i'd like to leave them with.

I'm a pretty angry driver, and probably would have chased her down much the same way. Was she chinese? They do that kinda s**t regularly up here