FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Calabogie Motorsport Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it seems I will be participating on the June 13th lapping day @ Calabogie Motorsports :)
This is B'Day gift to me from my girlfriend (Wow eh!, she's a keeper ;))

[Image: IMG_9128.jpg]

So, anyone want to join me?

Anyone have any pointers? LoL

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/
This track looks so awesome......damn it.....

Luckyyy
Man , that track looks great , you can really open it up there , just like Ricky Bobby :D . I am afraid I'll have to pass , work is killing me ...not :( . But out of curiosity , how much would cost this event ? Who's hosting the event ? Which club ?
No club is hosting... it is a Lapping Day as per Calabogie Motorsports calendar.
If it is your first time on this track, it is mandatory to take the "Track Orientation" session which is 50$ and then add 350$ for a full day of lapping which is 3 x 25 minutes in the morning and 4 x 25 minutes in the afternoon.
So, almost 3 hours of track time!

I need to find myself a good camera pod so I can record the event :)
Anyone have a spare?
Gabriel,Jun 4 2009, 09:34 AM Wrote:Man , that track looks great , you can really open it up there , just like Ricky Bobby  :D  . I am afraid I'll have to pass , work is killing me ...not  :( . But out of curiosity , how much would cost this event ? Who's hosting the event ? Which club ?
[right][snapback]288844[/snapback][/right]

Wanna make a cruise there sometimes this summer maybe?

Count me in if you ever want to go.
Gravter,Jun 4 2009, 10:55 AM Wrote:No club is hosting... it is a Lapping Day as per Calabogie Motorsports calendar.
If it is your first time on this track, it is mandatory to take the "Track Orientation" session which is 50$ and then add 350$ for a full day of lapping which is 3 x 25 minutes in the morning and 4 x 25 minutes in the afternoon.
So, almost 3 hours of track time!

I need to find myself a good camera pod so I can record the event :)
Anyone have a spare?
[right][snapback]288849[/snapback][/right]
I watched that video with the Miata trying to pass a Porsche 911 , on their web site , wow , that looks beautiful , great pavement , not like the Mosport DDT all worn out through the turns . A buddy of mine used to race in the superbike championship told me about Calabogie , said it's a great track , just watch it , don't lose it , because of those guard rails . Anyway , I hope you'll have a great time there and bring us back some nice pics .
About the camera , I film with a camcorder at the track and the bracket (combo of two actually ) I bought from Henry's . Cost me about 100$ but it was worth it . I'll try to post a pic in a little bit .
Have a look at this video...

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/index....=138&video_id=3

Are you sure you can't make it??? lol
Here are some pics of the bracket installed on the head rest . What you'll have to buy is that pin (brass piece threaded at the ends) that you attach at the bottom of the camera and insert it in the vertical piece of the bracket .
[Image: 675A0037.jpg]
[Image: 675A0036.jpg]
[Image: 675A0038.jpg]
[Image: 675A0039.jpg]
[Image: 675A0040.jpg]
Gravter,Jun 4 2009, 11:30 AM Wrote:Have a look at this video...

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/index....=138&video_id=3

Are you sure you can't make it??? lol
[right][snapback]288855[/snapback][/right]
Nice video . Don't tempt me now , all I'm missing is the 400$.By august I have to save for the final payment (bulk payment ) on my car .
Well, I'm starting to get the jitters :P

c'mon guys, final days to register ;)

I still have to figure out my camera mounting options.
Not sure I want to mount to passenger seat as it might shake too much.

Oh, and they are highly suggesting I get an instructor for the day.
I don't feel like paying an extra 100$ for that, and I'm already getting "track orientation" which gives you an instructor for the first 25 minutes, I think.
Gravter,Jun 8 2009, 02:08 PM Wrote:Well, I'm starting to get the jitters :P

I don't feel like paying an extra 100$ for that, and I'm already getting "track orientation" which gives you an instructor for the first 25 minutes, I think.
[right][snapback]289115[/snapback][/right]

trust me if this is your first or one of the first times at the track its a good idea to spend extra doe on the proper training.....

I had instractor in my car for 20 min for free and now i'll be taking courses

My vote is for you to get an instractor
If I had my old '99 cobra, I would probably take an instructor since it would be very different with a rear wheel drive car with so much torque.
I will content myself with track orientation this time round but I'm sure I'll be visiting the track again and then get myself a full day instructor.

I was also told that I'll be running with same experience drivers on the track, so I won't be slowing down other drivers too much :P
Gravter,Jun 8 2009, 02:32 PM Wrote:If I had my old '99 cobra, I would probably take an instructor since it would be very different with a rear wheel drive car with so much torque.
I will content myself with track orientation this time round but I'm sure I'll be visiting the track again and then get myself a full day instructor.

I was also told that I'll be running with same experience drivers on the track, so I won't be slowing down other drivers too much :P
[right][snapback]289125[/snapback][/right]

ok...so what happened to that Cobra? damn you.....focus probably feels like a toy in your hands after that machinery
Gravter,Jun 8 2009, 03:08 PM Wrote:Well, I'm starting to get the jitters :P

[right][snapback]289115[/snapback][/right]
Sorry man , no dough for this now :( . No , the camera ,the way I suggested you doesn't shake , usually fold down the rear seats and hook up a bungee cord to the head rest , last time at Dunville I forgot , but the image wasn't shaking at all .IMO if you don't have extra money for an instructor , just pay alot of attention at the track orientation and ask him to give you some pointers on how to take turns , then once on your own just take it gradually and step on it turn after turn as much as your gut feel says it's ok . Don't overdo it and you'll be just fine . Remember , you're there for fun , there is no prize at the end , but fun and some experience . Enjoy and let us know how was it .
My cousin was talking about this place tonight. He said next to Mont Tremblant this is the track to do for quality and scenery
NikiterZTS,Jun 8 2009, 03:41 PM Wrote:ok...so what happened to that Cobra?  damn you.....focus probably feels like a toy in your hands after that machinery
[right][snapback]289129[/snapback][/right]

Well, the Cobra left when I started to build my house and started to raise kids :)
Someday I'll get another... maybe. I traded the Cobra for an F-150 4x4 in late 2001.
Only had the cobra for 2 1/2 years, but managed to get it to the 1/4 mile a few times with a best of 13.8 @ 103.
Can anyone suggest a good and somewhat cheap tire that would be track worthy!
I would be keeping these on the car afterwards.
Gravter,Jun 9 2009, 11:22 AM Wrote:Can anyone suggest a good and somewhat cheap tire that would be track worthy!
I would be keeping these on the car afterwards.
[right][snapback]289177[/snapback][/right]
Not sure if they qualify as "cheap" ... but I'm really happy and really impressed with the on-track performance of the Falken Azenis RT-615 on the Fusion ... I don't use them on the street so I can't give an opinion on their suitability for everyday driving.
Yeah, falken 615 are great tire their price
Those don't seem available for 205/50R16
What about Fuzion HR-i's?
Pages: 1 2