FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drl Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
torradan,Aug 30 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:Just did it on my '05... pulled it from R5 (high beam/fog lamp), plugged it into R12... looks like ~80% headlight when i turn the key?  turn the lights on, full power.
[right][snapback]137513[/snapback][/right]

OK, go do the DRL mod and confuse the heck out of your American brethren :P :lol:

They'll be puzzled as shite as to why an American Focus has DRLs... and foglights as DRLs at that!

Whoops - you have an '05. I'm not familiar with the 05s, although running gear-wise they're supposed to be mostly identical to the 00-04s.

I'll look up R5 on my R2-D2 and let you know if they're the same... if that's the case, you can leave the R5 alone and do the fog mod as described in the PDF. :D

EDIT - 00-04 Focus (North American), relays in power distribution box under hood:
  • 1 - Ignition
    2 - Not used
    3 - Not used
    4 - Not used
    5 - High beams
    6 - Low beams
    7 - Fuel pump
    8 - Engine management (laptop not included :P )
    9 - Not used
    10 - Not used
    11 - Air conditioning
    12 - DRLs
    13 - Fog lamps
    14 - Stop lamp inhibit relay (AdvanceTrac-equipped cars only)
    15 - Engine cooling fan level 2 (A/C)
    16 - Engine cooling fan level 1<>
    [st]
I'd seriously try Bluetoy's suggestion first.. it's the least amount of effort, and you never know...

let us know what your final solution is.
darkpuppet,Aug 31 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:I'd seriously try Bluetoy's suggestion first.. it's the least amount of effort, and you never know...
[right][snapback]137904[/snapback][/right]
Bad News!
In my case the socket for the R12 Relay is not connected anywere at all. :angry:

Guess I'll have to get the kit and do the whole wiring... :o
Ilmarin,Aug 31 2005, 06:51 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Aug 31 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:I'd seriously try Bluetoy's suggestion first.. it's the least amount of effort, and you never know...
Bad News!
In my case the socket for the R12 Relay is not connected anywere at all. :angry:

[right][snapback]137935[/snapback][/right]

go figure... keep us posted to what you do, so we can update the information and create a post for this.
If you need the kit, PM me, I have one sitting here. I&quot;ll be in Canada this weekend as well, so I'll be able to sneak it over the border (ooooooooo!) and drop it in the post over there instead of dealing with customs.
looks like I was correct to not jump to conclusions right away... Oh well, better luck next time...
Ilmarin,Aug 31 2005, 06:51 PM Wrote:
Bad News!

[right][snapback]137935[/snapback][/right]

That's too bad. At least it was a quick and free thing to try. I wonder what year they changed it?
My guess is 01....

Isnt that when they switched to the Mexican plants.

Is it a sedan or hatch ?
scoobasteve,Sep 1 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:Is it a sedan or hatch ?
[right][snapback]138165[/snapback][/right]
It is a sedan, on the door it says &quot;Made in USA&quot; or something like this. :blink:
just make a DIY DRL mod with a couple of wires.. find a wire that is `hot` when the ignition is on... tap that wire into yor dipped beams... or if u wanna get creative, tap that into the fog lights.. cus many cars like the murano and a4 legally use fog drls so its legit.. it should cost u no more than $5-10 bux in parts n connectors n s**t
Ok, I went to the dealer ( http://www.ford.gabriel.ca ) and let them do it.
They installed some kind of 'kit', but when I opened the hood I found out that R12 is still missing, they've done some rewiring inside, Low Beams are dimmed though.

Thank you everybody! :o
Ilmarin,Sep 2 2005, 09:57 AM Wrote:Ok, I went to the dealer ( http://www.ford.gabriel.ca ) and let them do it.
They installed some kind of 'kit', but when I opened the hood I found out that R12 is&nbsp; still missing, they've done some rewiring inside, Low Beams are dimmed though.

Thank you everybody!&nbsp; :o
[right][snapback]138397[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, its a big metal block with a load of wires coming out of it, nothing goes into the relay area. Just a whole lot of splices near the headlight switch.
Pages: 1 2