FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test & Tune Drag Strip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Friday all you can run for $20. June 5th, 2009

Friday Nights are the Take it to the Track Test & Tune!
Open to all street cars from 7pm - 11pm from May 4, 2009 through October 30, 2009. All makes and models welcome (some race cars restricted).

Car & Driver $20
Spectators $10

For the past couple of years we at Toronto Motorsports Park have wanted to do something proactive that could have a real impact on reducing the number of senseless deaths and injuries on the roads that result from extreme driving and street racing.

The message we want to get out is simple; Extreme Driving on the Road is No Longer Tolerated. The need for speed can be experienced without risking innocent lives, but must be done at a professional facility.

Our objective is to promote public safety and awareness about driving. To educate the youth and spread the message that extreme driving has extreme concequences.

We want or provide drivers with an opportunity to test their skills on a professional track in a safe and controlled envrionment and to encourage our young drivers to take a proactive approach to safety.

Again so much bs about street racing.
Wasn't like 40 deaths in 5 years? I think toilet seats kill more people in one year.
Sorry for thread jack.

Are you going yoursel?
Yes and so is Tony... Should be fun my first time.
NikiterZTS,Jun 3 2009, 08:47 PM Wrote:Again so much bs about street racing.
Wasn't like 40 deaths in 5 years? I think toilet seats kill more people in one year.

[right][snapback]288801[/snapback][/right]
:lol: That's a good one with the toilet seats ! :lol: Totally agree with you
No track prep so take it easy out of the hole.
I can't make it out this Friday but I hope to be up there for a test and tune night in the next few weeks.

I want to do a bit of testing with the Steeda SRI ... I've starting noticing a lot of heatsoak after sitting still for a few minutes once the car is hot. If I can put down consistant times with this car I'm going to try wrapping the MAF tube with ice packs while I'm waiting for my turn, it'll be interesting to see if it can make a difference.
Scorcher000,Jun 3 2009, 09:26 PM Wrote:Yes and so is Tony... Should be fun my first time.
[right][snapback]288806[/snapback][/right]

Just make sure Tony doesn't break anything. I want to see his car on Monday.
I'm going to be getting some Ice packs and place them over my intake because I have no shielding on the Steeda CAI.

Kev, I'll try to keep in one piece for lol
Ya the ice packs work I have used them every time I go.
I'm going right afer my work to get my exhaust looked at and see if it can be fixed quick. Them I'll head out. I'll call ya Tony when I'm near the place.
Ok well scatch that pervious post my exhaust needs to be fixed first. No back pressure and a major loss in power. Next Friday I'll be there.
Scorcher000,Jun 3 2009, 07:41 PM Wrote:The message we want to get out is simple; Extreme Driving on the Road is No Longer Tolerated.

[right][snapback]288797[/snapback][/right]

So this is why Speed Gods are upset lately , they don't get proper sacrifices anymore , like the ancient times , to keep them happy . No wonder man ... :P