FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Rs Engine Conversion!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Had my car back from the shop for a few weeks now. Ford also know about it and have congratulated me on it, as its the only RS powered focus in Panther Black in the world.

Currently sits on 270bhp without Nitrous...but I'm not sure if I will use Nitrous, maybe just to purge into the intercooler...

Hope you like!

Oh, and the gold mesh is coming off...I didn't put it there, long story. And the RS badge is coming off the boot, there will be a 1.4 badge going back on...just to confuse ppl! LOL

[Image: streetthumb_28934.jpg]
[Image: temp_36891.jpg]
[Image: temp_35161.jpg]
[Image: temp_35160.jpg]
[Image: temp_35159.jpg]
[Image: temp_35141.jpg]
[Image: temp_34575.jpg]
[Image: streetthumb_34579.jpg]
[Image: temp_30165.jpg]

Which reads...

Quote:With 4501 Focus RS models built, only 2147 were actually sold in the United Kingdom. Most were sold to careful owners and collectors who take pleasure in maintaining the status and originality of this rare edition of the Ford RS line.

The Focus RS was available in one colour only, Ford Racing Blue. But before it went into production, Panther Black and Diamond White versions were used in its development. These cars known as “test mules”, were tested by world renowned racing drivers Francois Delecourt and Colin McRae.

The only Panther Black issued RS was a genuine scratch built development car, completely different to the ST170 and basic Focus structures. It was built with near all the parts the Focus RS consists of today.

Its registration was X926 YOO, which was either sold for a substantial sum to a private collector, or like the fate of the others was destroyed once the developing tests were completed.

My Focus

This is NOT a genuine Focus RS, however all key parts were harvested out of a damaged RS in order to convert a basic Focus into a unique, one of a kind Focus RS.
Out of 4501 made, this is the only road going RS powered Focus in the country, in Panther Black...
Your car is sick
Man that is one sharp car! Congrats on finally getting it all built. Take care of her now!
ya sweet ride ;)

A real beaut!
awesome!!!
purely awesome!!
we were all waitng for you to post this!!
Beautiful!
Hella sick! I love it!!! Damn Ford never offering the RS in North America.
oh crap..

I was telling people that was my car...I never thought this would happen...

..lookin good man...that ride OWNS!
Raine,Aug 30 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:Link to comments when we first heard about the RS conversion
[right][snapback]137211[/snapback][/right]

:lol: That's cool, havn't seen that before. Not been on the net for quite a while, so forgive me for not updating ppl more often! Cheers guys! :D

Hope you all like it. Its currently 270bhp, so 0-60 should be around 5 or less seconds....we'll see!

Wish I could come to one of your shows in Canada/states so I can compete against some of your cars...would be a laugh! :D
Throw it on a boat and send it over here.

I'll compete it for you. You'll get it back, I promise!:>
....will it be in one piece though??? LOL
I can't guaratee.
I can't guarantee.
can i have sex with yourcar..

what's done to it as far as engine mods? i can see that its the actual rs engine but you say 270bhp..

compete uh? bring it! :P
Dude...u don't stand a chance if u compete against me! LOL

212bhp as standard. It has a full Milltek system, milltek decat, Bluefin superchip, K&N...that's it, oh and a dump valve! LOL

Sits on 22psi most of the time...
COCHYN,Aug 30 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Dude...u don't stand a chance if u compete against me! LOL

212bhp as standard. It has a full Milltek system, milltek decat, Bluefin superchip, K&N...that's it, oh and a dump valve! LOL

Sits on 22psi most of the time...
[right][snapback]137290[/snapback][/right]

thats alright.. just the trill ofplaying with an RS..

although i didn't say anything about a straight line in this competition ;)

do you have everything from the RS as far as suspension, brakes etc...?
that's a crazy looking car lol..wish i had it!!!
You know there'll be a steady stream of NA Focus owners looking to spank it while sitting in that car, and I'm not referring to spanking the gearshift, either ;)

Congrats on owning one of the pimpest Focuses on the planet :D
Pages: 1 2 3