FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2009 6th K-k Track Event @ Cayuga Tmp June 21st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was at CSCS the other weekend and saw their lapping track.....Looks nice. I will giving this a go. It will be 4th track day for me with this guys this year.
Come on FC.net lets go do some racing.

"We're starting to build a list for the Cayuga track event signup on the June 21st.

We have the track Sunday evening from 4:00pm - 8:00 pm

A little background -

Cayuga Toronto Motorsports Park. Located in Cayuga, just south of Hamilton, Ontario, this developing Motorsport complex can be configured as two smaller circuits of 1.2 and 1.8 km each or one large 3 km road course. We will use the 3 km circuit. The paved surface is a safe, flat design with good run-off room (no barriers or guardrails) and excellent sight-lines. The course has ample straights, challenging large and small chicanes, tight 90 degree and sweeping high speed turns. A truly good technical course.

It is a great learning track with two long straights, 11 challenging turns, safe run-off everywhere, and a separate area for exercises. It's also very fun and you'll spend the whole day mastering your line, and there are some pretty good photo ops.

We usually have a briefing prior to getting out on the track, followed by a few warm up laps, then lapping for the rest of the day. "Lapping" refers to just that, doing laps. Passing is STRICTLY prohibited except on the back straight, and only when the person in front of you has allowed you by by signaling you to pass. We reserve all rights to kick people off the track that are driving dangerously and/or aren't listening to track marshalls.

For those that have never been to the track, we encourage you to try it out, even if you're still on stock tires (they'll suck, and burn up quick, but it's still fun)

All those interested in attending this track day on June 21st

Please Sign up here

Include first name and last initial, car type, & contact info

i.e.
- My name is:
- Your car model:
- Your car color:
- Your car year:
- I want to drive my car at the track on June 21st.

Please Email me your info below with Email address & contact phone number.

Full Name:
Car make, model, year, color:
Cell#/Home#:
License plate#
Novice/Experience:
Email address:

Helmets is strongly recommended for safety reasons, you will have to sign a disclaimer at the track, for those who do not wear helmet and not following our lapping rules, the participants take full responsibility for their action. (if you have helmets, it won't hurt to bring them up).
Note: Helmets are MANDATORY for convertibles.

We've got a fully designed flash animated website with track configuration and map. Kindly visit http://www.Touge.ca for all details.

All those interested please email me & sign up asap. We want to build a list and collect the track fee as soon as we can.

** Payment/Deposit**

Prepaid: $99 CAD (Prior to June 14th)
After June 14th or At the track: $130 CAD

Please contact me if you want to meet up to pay for the track fee in GTA.

Whoever wants to pay the track fee by Email money Transfer - EMT ($99), PAYPAL ($102.5) or cash in person, kindly contact Kevin
(416-5649999) or email info@Touge.ca for instruction.

For those never use Paypal before, pls go to http://www.paypal.com

The Track is about 1 hour and 15 mins drive from Toronto. "
doh.. just realized this is a Sunday night event. Hmmm.... wondering if I can get monday off ???
Yes you can

Really I'm kinda giving up. Nobody shows up
NikiterZTS,Jun 3 2009, 06:43 PM Wrote:Yes you can

Really I'm kinda giving up. Nobody shows up
[right][snapback]288788[/snapback][/right]

Don't give up quite yet Nik ... this date and time actually works for me - I think the only thing I'm concerned about is the other drivers ... with the BMW Club and SVTOA there is instruction and instructors in the car, and everyone's driving cars that in some cases are worth 4 times what mine is ... ie: I feel confident I'm not getting run off the track.

But I'm not so sure about the drivers in these relatively unregulated events ... I'm not sure I want to lap in my daily driver with a bunch of yahoos and cowboys with their beater Hondas - if you know what I mean ... or is it not like that.
I'll post photos from previous 2 track days that I've been to Ken.
These guys are all about respect to other drivers. 2 black flags and you are out for the rest of that day. So far it happened to one guy in Corolla AE86. They actually banned him for good because he started to drift corners and wiping out.

Cars you would see when tracking with Touge Racing:

Subaru, supra, rsx, 8th gen Civic Si, Pourche, Benz Amg, Bmw M3, Lotus Elise, Miata, Rx7, Mini, mustang. This is just from the top of my head. It's a great variaty of cars to race with.
Very fun.
NikiterZTS,Jun 3 2009, 08:39 PM Wrote:I'll post photos from previous 2 track days that I've been to Ken.
These guys are all about respect to other drivers. 2 black flags and you are out for the rest of that day. So far it happened to one guy in Corolla AE86. They actually banned him for good because he started to drift corners and wiping out.

Cars you would see when tracking with Touge Racing:

Subaru, supra, rsx, 8th gen Civic Si, Pourche, Benz Amg, Bmw M3, Lotus Elise, Miata, Rx7, Mini, mustang. This is just from the top of my head. It's a great variaty of cars to race with.
Very fun.
[right][snapback]288800[/snapback][/right]
You forgot to mention two mean Focus SVT's :D . The two Porsches had handicapped drivers : the red one just held up traffic and the white one couldn't pass me until I decided to let him by , feeling safer with him ahead rather then behind me . But those white Civics and RSXes have an awesome run . They are fast , have great handling and their drivers know what they are doing .
anybody else planning to go?

I wanna see Hardcores s/c focu in action....that thing will kill a lot of cars on the track.
I've had a ride in it before

01SE-ferferp

Dam, I was thinking to attend to this event and see what me an my car are capable to do on a real track (Unlike Virtual tracks like Gran Turismo 5 in about 3 races to complete at the S level). I've missed the latest track events due to family or work events and I will miss this June 21 due to a Father's day family event
Not sure if I'll be attending this one but just a bump!
I am going , I've already signed up with Kevin . Who else is coming ? I've never been to Cayuga so I'm kinda curious , but I can't wait for Mosport DDT , that's my favorite so far
I need my tie-rod fixed......... :(
I just want to tell you guys -the ones that couldn't make it - that yesterday was a great day at Cayuga , plenty of sunshine , not too may cars , so the waiting time between sessions was only about 25 mins . I liked the track , some say it could be a little bigger , but I loved the turns , not the straightaways because I was losing ground there with my ponies under the hood :( . Through the turns was a different ball game , the sway bars and Dunlops kept me on the right path and made a huge difference in corner speed . All said I encourage you to give this track a shot .
I'll wait until its a session with instructors all the way around (I'm hearing that would be a possibility for 2010 with one of the other groups I belong to)

Kinda hard to risk the DD for me, esp. since if it goes down, I'm stranded until it gets fixed :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 22 2009, 03:16 PM Wrote:I'll wait until its a session with instructors all the way around (I'm hearing that would be a possibility for 2010 with one of the other groups I belong to)

Kinda hard to risk the DD for me, esp. since if it goes down, I'm stranded until it gets fixed :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289943[/snapback][/right]
You could ask some of the experienced guys to go with you and give you some instructions .