FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: We Now Have Precision Turbo Kits!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ford Focus Turbo Kit includes:
Garrett GT-28R Turbo, Air-to-Air Intercooler, Custom Exhaust Manifold, Cast 75mm Mass Air, 33lb/hr Injectors, Calibrated ECU Chip and installation hardware

$3995usd or $5190cnd RETAIL
ZX3Tuning Price:
$3850usd or $5100cnd SHIPPED

[Image: EngineStand.jpg]

The new Focus Turbo Kit for 2000-04 Ford 2.0L DOHC Zetec engines is our latest offering for Ford Focus owners looking for extra horsepower at a moderate price!

This new kit features a Garrett GT Technology GT28 tubocharger. This unit features a ball bearing design and advanced aerodynamics package for quick spooling along with an adjustable integral wastegate actuator.

Included is a Precision high efficiency air-to-air intercooler featuring bar and plate, high density construction. The kit also includes a custom designed stainless steel exhaust header, mandrel bent aluminum tubing, heavy duty oil recirculation pump, 75mm mass air unit, cast aluminum inlet adapter pipe and upgraded fuel management system. All necessary hardware comes with the kit.

Initial dyno tests have show that use of this kit will produce 225 horsepower at the front wheels on a typical stickshift Focus with 87-octane fuel. Cars with automatic transmissions produced 185 horsepower

$3995usd or $5190cnd RETAIL
ZX3Tuning Price:
$3850usd or $5100cnd SHIPPED

What do you got for a 05 2.0L Duratec, or what can be compatible
on 87-octane??? is that correct?

This is a really easy turbo kit to install and its very good quality, I remember reading a review about this about a year and half or more ago and it got really good ratings. Its probobly improved only for the better, since the review
schade,Aug 28 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:on 87-octane??? is that correct?
[right][snapback]136550[/snapback][/right]

yes that is correct
Can this be installed with a 2.25" exhaust system, or do you need to upgrade it to 2.5 or more??
ZX3TUNING,Aug 29 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:Cars with automatic transmissions produced 185 horsepower...
[right][snapback]136536[/snapback][/right]

".. Then the transmission melted..."
ZOOM,Aug 29 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Aug 29 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:Cars with automatic transmissions produced 185 horsepower...
[right][snapback]136536[/snapback][/right]

".. Then the transmission melted..."
[right][snapback]136741[/snapback][/right]

:lol: , so true!!

Quote:Can this be installed with a 2.25" exhaust system, or do you need to upgrade it to 2.5 or more??

Yes, most of the flanges I've seen will allow you to hook up a 2.5" to it.
FociBC,Aug 28 2005, 11:56 PM Wrote:
schade,Aug 28 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:on 87-octane??? is that correct?
[right][snapback]136550[/snapback][/right]

yes that is correct
[right][snapback]136558[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure about this. I know you can tune for it and all that, but IMHO, it would be retarded to run 87 octance in a FI focus. :rolleyes:
What fuel management comes with it?

I'm assuming it has a pump to recirculate the oil back in?
Damn, thats a nice looking setup.

What kinda numbers are they getting out of it?
scoobasteve,Aug 29 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:Damn, thats a nice looking setup.

What kinda numbers are they getting out of it?
[right][snapback]136819[/snapback][/right]

:blink: u blind ? :lol:

Initial dyno tests have show that use of this kit will produce 225 horsepower at the front wheels on a typical stickshift Focus with 87-octane fuel. Cars with automatic transmissions produced 185 horsepower

B)
lol, i left out the most critical part of my post...

On an SVT.

lol by the looks of the piping it could be a direct fit.
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 29 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:I'm assuming it has a pump to recirculate the oil back in?
[right][snapback]136814[/snapback][/right]

it does look pretty low
yes there is a pump for the turbo oil drain.

this kit is on a FJ member(WeldingRod) who has been using the SCT ProRacer package to get over 250fwhp and 260lb/ft from his stock block Zetec.

you can make a focus put down 225fwhp on 87 oct although i wouldn't recommend it. you should not use anything less 91 for a kit like this, 94 if you have it.
the kits come with Diablo tuning although getting a retune might not be a bad idea for the best possible numbers.

i have no FI at this time for any of the duratec motors however the Powerworks Duratec kit should be finished for spring! ;)

and for the record, i just copy and pasted the Precision power press release. :)
Is there any way to finance a kit like this?
http://www.royalbank.com
http://www.bmo.com
http://www.cibc.com

;)

at this time i offer no financing options.
I didn't really get a response to my question.

currently i have a 2.25" cat back (MBRP)

If I purchase this kit will I have to upgrade my exhaust system?

Flofocus,Aug 29 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:
Quote:Can this be installed with a 2.25" exhaust system, or do you need to upgrade it to 2.5 or more??
Yes, most of the flanges I've seen will allow you to hook up a 2.5" to it.
[right][snapback]136749[/snapback][/right]

There's your anwser Tim..
sorry, upgrading to a bigger exhaust is not needed HOWEVER a larger exhaust from the turbo back will make a fairly dramatic difference in how fast your turbo spools up.
this is a very rough estimate but with a 2.25" turbo back exhaust as the base you can see anywhere from 300-800rpm faster spool time from a 2.5" exhaust depending on the turbo and anywhere from 600-1500rpm faster with a 3" exhaust.

there are a lot of factors that effect the spool time like displacement, flow into the engine, amount of boost, restriction of the exhaust, the turbo being used is usually the biggest factor when upgrading the size of your exhaust.

on a street setup pushing under 200-250fwhp a 2.5" turbo back exhaust is perfect.

basic rule of thumb....
anything under 175fwhp, 2.25"
175-250, 2.5"
250+, 3"

like i said, you can use a 2.25" exhaust but it wont work as well as something a bit bigger.
Pages: 1 2