FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Does Your Car Stumble, Ruff Time Idling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of you may know, I was asking for some help in regards to my car mis-firing, feeling like it was running on 2 cylinders. I found out there was at least 2" of water floating around in my cylinders :blink: . I changed the plugs and wires, but it didnt get rid of my hesitation problem. Everytime I would take the car out and drive it it would seem fine at first, but if I hoped on the throttle it would hesitate, and sound like it was mis-firing. The car sounded like crap, I couldnt drive over 4Krpm because of this....

I then started searching here and FJ, a member by the name of Daniel_Bzx3 pointed me in the right direction. Thanks. :D

Heres what I found...

[Image: DSCF1693.jpg]

Thats the connector that plugs into your coil pack. Right in front of it, below.

So, I went and bought this.

[Image: DSCF1694.jpg]

Very easy install. Requires Wire cutters, Soldering iron, some solder, electrical tape, lighter/heat-gun/hairdryer for the shrink rap. The package comes with instructions also. Cost is just over $50.00 with taxes. Some here can probably get it cheaper.

The new connector is def a lot more beefier, the wires arent as flimsy as the old one. I'll snap some pics and update later.
I love how shitty my the factory ford wiring is, fack, my alternator wires did the same thign the other day... friggin ripped right outta the plug. I love how they have all the harness' in stock.

theyre pretty expensive for what they are though...

my alternator harness cost me $ 50. lol. i did a little parkinglot crimp job. sooner or later i'll solder it in properly and heatshrink it up though

hah, my coil pack wires went on my zx3 like 5 times.
dude, I keep telling everybody to check this... mine had the same problem.

I cant beleive you had overlooked this for this long after we all pointed it out so many times....

I basicly went to the wrecker and got a new connector from a wrecked foci and then I used all the wire to add to the lenght of my wirring harnest so it wouldnt pull on the connector anymore.

ford made the wirring harnest so damn small that every connector have huge added stress if you move anything in the engine bay.
Marc, this problem just started happening last week.
Flofocus,Aug 26 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:Marc, this problem just started happening last week.
[right][snapback]136194[/snapback][/right]

yeah thats what I mean, add this to the list of "all the things I should look for" when the car has anything going wrong.... :lol:
french_connection,Aug 26 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 26 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:Marc, this problem just started happening last week.

yeah thats what I mean, add this to the list of "all the things I should look for" when the car has anything going wrong.... :lol:
[right][snapback]136195[/snapback][/right]

ah, i c :lol:

Yeah, def add it to the list.

And yes I think its overpriced for what it is. :blink:
Flofocus,Aug 26 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:
french_connection,Aug 26 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]136195[/snapback][/right]

ah, i c :lol:

Yeah, def add it to the list.

And yes I think its overpriced for what it is. :blink:
[right][snapback]136196[/snapback][/right]

Isn't everything at a stealership :lol:
You got ripped.. I paid $37+tax just this past April.
See original thread where I discussed my problem:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...opic=6766&st=40

I wonder if the water in the spark-plug wells (eventually)= wiring-harness burnt/broken wire? :unsure:
Damn.. my car has the exact same problem.. burns a lot of fuel too.. I gonna check this tomorrow and I hope this is it. I look forward to gettting at least 400km for a tank of gas compare to my 300km. A reduce current going to the coil pack can cause misfiring or a low spark. Means fuel is not fully burned.
Jaspher,Aug 26 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:Damn.. my car has the exact same problem.. burns a lot of fuel too.. I gonna check this tomorrow and I hope this is it.  I look forward to gettting at least 400km for a tank of gas compare to my 300km.  A reduce current going to the coil pack can cause misfiring or a low spark.  Means fuel is not fully burned.
[right][snapback]136275[/snapback][/right]

Have you done the fuel pump recall???

Good post Daniel_B & Nate... I'm gonna check mine..
Raine,Aug 27 2005, 03:34 AM Wrote:
Jaspher,Aug 26 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:Damn.. my car has the exact same problem.. burns a lot of fuel too.. I gonna check this tomorrow and I hope this is it.  I look forward to gettting at least 400km for a tank of gas compare to my 300km.  A reduce current going to the coil pack can cause misfiring or a low spark.  Means fuel is not fully burned.
[right][snapback]136275[/snapback][/right]

Have you done the fuel pump recall???

Good post Daniel_B & Nate... I'm gonna check mine..
[right][snapback]136288[/snapback][/right]

I got the car used so I'm not sure if the previous owner did it.
DanielB_ZX3,Aug 26 2005, 07:19 PM Wrote:You got ripped.. I paid $37+tax just this past April.

[right][snapback]136258[/snapback][/right]

I wasnt in a position to start shopping around. And for a wopping total of $14 more, I had the part in my hand the same hour I called for an inventory check. ;) :lol:
The water in the rocker panel freaks me out too.

I'm waiting for it to skrew my car's performance up one way or another.
all 3 of my wires look like that....suprizingly no issues....well none that I know of...none the less I'll be getting this from ford tommorow since I know the p/n now. nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue.......