FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gran Turismo 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if they'll have this gave for PC?.....
Looks good though

"Gran Turismo 5 Trailer for the E3 conference 2009. It looks amazing and includes almost every kind of motor racing includin Nascar, Formula 1, wrc etc"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz4YAVLU-Fs
Unless it finally includes realistic vehcle damage, it's just a pretty vehicle arcade simulator all over again IMO <_<

NefCanuck
Well, I just saw damage on a WRC car at 1:31
I'm definitely getting it, especially since I have the Force GT wheel setup.
Gravter,Jun 3 2009, 10:11 AM Wrote:Well, I just saw damage on a WRC car at 1:31
I'm definitely getting it, especially since I have the Force GT wheel setup.
[right][snapback]288736[/snapback][/right]

Got a photo of that set up?

does it have clutch pedal?

EDIT: just checked it out.....BOOOOOOO

:D
This game will be the only reason I buy a PS3. Haha. I only repalced my dead PS2 to get GT4 when it came out.

Can't wait!!
NefCanuck,Jun 3 2009, 10:09 AM Wrote:Unless it finally includes realistic vehcle damage, it's just a pretty vehicle arcade simulator all over again IMO <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]288726[/snapback][/right]

You are far to picky sometimes, the only recent game I’ve played for the PS3 that has "realistic vehle damage" is Grid but still not the caliber as GT5.
NikiterZTS,Jun 3 2009, 11:19 AM Wrote:Got a photo of that set up?

does it have clutch pedal?

Nope, no clutch... only the G25 has it.
The G25 is DAMN expensive. I got my Driving Force GT for 100$ during Boxing Day sale.
GT5 is a suprisingly fun game to play....

Sure, it has the usual beefs of poor collision detecting, no damage, and rather generic sounding engines, but the detail of what's currently there is amazing.

On my 52" 1080p TV, you can very competently drive a car from the interior view -- and it's rather realistic.

I hope they do some body damage, and allow cars to flip -- nothing looks sillier than a tuned corvetter doing the tilt-a-whirl 15 feet in the air.
GT5 Prologue was good, but just a tease with no upgradeable parts. Tuning was available, but not till you beat the game.

I'll save my money for Forza 3 thank you very much. It has damage, tuning, upgrades, lots of parts, lots of cars, and will still look very stellar when I get my xbox360 elite. :)
xbox elite, almost as good as a PS2...almost
Canadian ST,Jun 3 2009, 05:34 PM Wrote:xbox elite, almost as good as a PS2...almost
[right][snapback]288782[/snapback][/right]

explain...