FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Svt Sub Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SVT Stock sub box... just playin with an idea. If you've upgraded your stereo and you have just the box lying around, let me know :)
Al, I dont know what your planning but msn me and I'll tell you why you should not bother with the svt box!
microbunny,Aug 25 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:Al, I dont know what your planning but msn me and I'll tell you why you should not bother with the svt box!
[right][snapback]135686[/snapback][/right]

It's just for something else. I'd be happy if I could borrow an SVT box for a while

Chromey was selling one back in the day, did it ever go?
[Image: SVT_SUBBOX.jpg]

Want something like this to work with
And here's the first bump
send me an e-mail i have mine
The SVT box is only an 8" sub right? And the amp that came with it has some weird wiring harness connector that hooks into the Audiophile wiring rather than just having regular power/ground/remote/signal connections.. so it would be difficult to use the amp without the Audiophile system.

I'm making plans for building my own fiberglass/MDF box that style for a 10" but dont think I'll get around to it until next summer.
guilty,Aug 27 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:The SVT box is only an 8" sub right?  And the amp that came with it has some weird wiring harness connector that hooks into the Audiophile wiring rather than just having regular power/ground/remote/signal connections.. so it would be difficult to use the amp without the Audiophile system.
[right][snapback]136402[/snapback][/right]

Right on both counts. I've been planning to do a fibreglass one all summer, then I thought even an MDF one would do, but I just haven't bothered. I want a base to work off so I can get the exact mould without fussing around with tape and cardboard in all the little nooks and crannies in the hatch. The SVT box would allow me to have something to work with. Who knows, I might just get lazy and cut it to 12", but more than likely I'll glass my own once I have something to mould off.
I made a fiberglass mold of the inside wall of the hatch, it's really not that hard (was my first time working with fiberglass). I'm just thinking that the SVT box would be too small to put a 10 or 12" into, since it doesnt use all then space of the side of the hatch and wouldnt have the volume.

Or I could sell you my fiberglass sub box (with a 10" hole) that I built and never installed and you could work off that, whether you'd use it as-is or cut the back part off to use the mold.
Raine,Aug 25 2005, 10:34 AM Wrote:[Image: SVT_SUBBOX.jpg]

Want something like this to work with
[right][snapback]135752[/snapback][/right]

That is mine. It is a custom sub box not the stock one. I was going to modify the stock one but it was just easier to build a new to get the proper SQ. It cost about $400 to get some one to build it. If you want some pictures of how it was done let me know.
SVTZX503,Aug 28 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:If you want some pictures of how it was done let me know.
[right][snapback]136443[/snapback][/right]

I want pics!! :D

Need some inspiration for how I'm going to start my new project box.

And I think I posted some pics of the process I used to make my box in the audio section a while back too. Ahh here it is: http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...6592&hl=sub+box
guilty,Aug 28 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:I could sell you my fiberglass sub box (with a 10" hole) that I built and never installed and you could work off that, whether you'd use it as-is or cut the back part off to use the mold.
[right][snapback]136437[/snapback][/right]

Appreciate it, but it'd be just as easy for me to build one myself.

SVTZX503, I thought it was yours, remember seeing pics of your car a while back. I wouldn't mind getting the details off you. amarani@gmail.com if you could please

Still looking for an SVT box tho...
ask Chromy i was suppose to pick up his box but i wasnt sure if i was buy the focus yet :(
Sorry if anyone has messaged me about this and I haven't gotten back to them. I was busy getting ready for school and the like. Still looking for this.