FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Shares Saftey Tech With Other Companies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cf...e_id=21361

I think it's a good idea, companies like honda or toyota saying "now with advance trac by ford" on their website or commercial, that's better any money could buy :)
thats good...
the beltminder basically annoys you to death until you put on your seat belt lol, good thing there is a way to disable it like i have, its anoying in the winter when your car is started and your scraping off snow and you get in and ring ring ring ring, STFU YOU STUPID CAR! Then your pissed off and drive aggresively and get into an accident :lol:
crazikev,Aug 24 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:thats good...
the beltminder basically annoys you to death until you put on your seat belt lol, good thing there is a way to disable it like i have, its anoying in the winter when your car is started and your scraping off snow and you get in and ring ring ring ring, STFU YOU STUPID CAR! Then your pissed off and drive aggresively and get into an accident :lol:
[right][snapback]135121[/snapback][/right]

LOL but it made a buddy of mine finally put on his belt and he never does it. better to see him where it then fly through a windshield sometime :lol:
Kool_ZX3,Aug 24 2005, 12:02 AM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 24 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:thats good...
[right][snapback]135121[/snapback][/right]

LOL but it made a buddy of mine finally put on his belt and he never does it. better to see him where it then fly through a windshield sometime :lol:
[right][snapback]135123[/snapback][/right]
at least someones story has a happy ending :ph34r:
I don't understand how anyone can drive without a seatbelt on.. even just pulling the car out of the driveway and onto the road I feel unsafe without the belt
NO SEATBELTS = MEGA SIC!

Advancetrac is a pretty sweet system, i cant wait to see what it'll do in the winter.
Raine,Aug 24 2005, 05:42 AM Wrote:I don't understand how anyone can drive without a seatbelt on.. even just pulling the car out of the driveway and onto the road I feel unsafe without the belt
[right][snapback]135138[/snapback][/right]

yeah I used to be the same way, I would feel naked without a belt on. But one of my jobs required me to move cars and get out frequently so I sorta got used to not having a belt on..... but I always put it on though just not when I sit down before I start the car like before
The only 4 wheeled devices that I've driven that I didn't feel unsafe without a seat belt are a reach truck and an ATV.. reach truck you're standing in anyway, and an ATV is just a 4 wheeled bike... I don't think I could even drive a forklift without the belt on
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:NO SEATBELTS = MEGA SIC!

Advancetrac is a pretty sweet system, i cant wait to see what it'll do in the winter.
[right][snapback]135178[/snapback][/right]

Heck, I'll be curious to see what the "dumb as a bag of rocks" TC system in the Focus is like in the winter.

It's funny, went from non-ABS car (Taurus) to ABS (Chev Celebrity & Olds Ciera) to now ABS & TC (Focus) People say the more safety devices make you more aggressive as you feel like you have a farther way to go til you reach "the edge"

I dunno, I always treat it as a game not to engage the safety devices. Saved my ass that way a few times lemme tell ya, having that extra margin :ph34r:

NefCanuck
aside from not being able to disable advance trac. i love it. when i had the focus out early in the year. i hit a patch of black ice. advancetrac kicked in and kept the car from sliding out of control. not bad if you ask me. especially on the stock continentals.

this winter, if i can find a set of 16"s in some semblence of time advance trac will be coupled with a set of Nokian HakkaII's and we'll see how it reacts in the snow.
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:aside from not being able to disable advance trac. i love it. when i had the focus out early in the year. i hit a patch of black ice.  advancetrac kicked in and kept the car from sliding out of control.  not bad if you ask me. especially on the stock continentals.

this winter, if i can find a set of 16"s in some semblence of time advance trac will be coupled with a set of Nokian HakkaII's and we'll see how it reacts in the snow.
[right][snapback]135208[/snapback][/right]
You have advance trac on your focus? haha it's on our freestar cept there's an off button. That advance trac kinda sucks if u plan on racing.
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:aside from not being able to disable advance trac. i love it. when i had the focus out early in the year. i hit a patch of black ice.  advancetrac kicked in and kept the car from sliding out of control.  not bad if you ask me. especially on the stock continentals.

[right][snapback]135208[/snapback][/right]

The SVTs came with advance-trac? interesting.

My Advance Trac has an off button.. I can do burnouts.
haha i cant. svt's advancetrac cannot be disabled. the button turns it off . but not below 20 kmh.

the only way to turn it off completley is pull the fuse

then you lose abs
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:haha i cant. svt's advancetrac cannot be disabled. the button turns it off . but not below 20 kmh.

the only way to turn it off completley is pull the fuse

then you lose abs
[right][snapback]135283[/snapback][/right]
lol I don't even have ABS, just plain out funness.
I dont mind losing abs. i just mind my whole dashboard being lit up
I drove my father's car last winter with ABS and Traction Control... I hate traction control.

ABS sucks too.. I like my car... no added features... of course it did end up mashed against a curb once (and I was driving in a straight flippin line! Damned ice..) but I still feel safer in it vs. a car with brakes that don't stop the car :P