FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
jay's would win in a show and shine and p-51's would win in a autoX .. 2 cars built for totally different reasons

you can't really compare them like that
good point..which is why we shouldn't even try to compare jay's car to p-51's

but back on subject, looks good, only thing i think you gotta do is paint those headlights! my 2cents
2001 ZTS is just an old man with a shitty life thats all. The fact of a younger guy having more fun and more toys on his car then he will ever have in his life. I know he makes money but still. He only wishes! I have to deal with assholes like this all the time not just on the net.

I take my focus to the track and I plan on taking it there more when the turbo is complete.

To be honest I have yet to ever see 2001_ZTS post anything positive on this site unless its of himself. Never anything positive towards me or to any one else.

Focus = my fun car.

I drive a beater in the winter.

You allready said your leaving the site so why did you come back? I will fix that for you.

Also thanks to 2001_ZTS for turning this thread into s**t.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 24 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:2001 ZTS is just an old man with a shitty life thats all. The fact of a younger guy having more fun and more toys on his car then he will ever have in his life. I know he makes money but still. He only wishes! I have to deal with assholes like this all the time not just on the net.

I take my focus to the track and I plan on taking it there more when the turbo is complete.

To be honest I have yet to ever see 2001_ZTS post anything positive on this site unless its of himself. Never anything positive towards me or to any one else.

Focus = my fun car.

You allready said your leaving the site so why did you come back? I will fix that for you.

[right][snapback]135574[/snapback][/right]

Haha and well said. Only reason I can see that he came back or said he was leaving in the first place is to try and get attention on himself. Hell he's old and wants us younger kids to think that old guy is cool. I just normally ignore anything he has to say, because he normally doesn't have any positive feedback. Hell his first post on this thread was that it doesn't have scissor doors. and compared it to yours instead of. "Nice car P-51" He's just a prick. Also for apparently making lots of money he sure does have a crappy looking house.

/edit BTW P-51 you do have a nice car nonetheless.
and watch that old man make a comment back at me. Like I'll care wat he says anyways.
smith21,Aug 25 2005, 03:44 AM Wrote:no offence andrew, i would take jay's car before i would take either of your cars. And p-51, nice car, love the fact that it has style and power, but i still think jay's would take yours if you were to compete in a show and shine. But all in all, Andrew, i don't know why you hate on jay so much, is it cause your jelous or something? i really don't get it
[right][snapback]135556[/snapback][/right]

No doubt his would win in a show. Mine is used and imperfect. Stone chips, scratches, etc. It's unavoidable when a car get used like it does.

I've considered painting the headlights... in fact they were originally *close* to LG. But the paint wasn't a perfect match and I thought it looked worse. So I went straight black.

My image for the car is the Fiesta WRC concept, if you guys remember it. The silver Fiesta with blue stripes. It has the black headlights. Also, many rally cars (like the WRX) have black surrounds. That's the look I'm going for. A little less perfect aesthetically, but a little more mean and purposeful looking.

I've debated putting some blue on the exterior. I really like the look of the Fiesta WRC concept, but I also enjoy the my car "flying under the radar" as it were... ;)
ZX3TUNR,Aug 25 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:2001 ZTS is just an old man with a shitty life thats all. The fact of a younger guy having more fun and more toys on his car then he will ever have in his life. I know he makes money but still. He only wishes! I have to deal with assholes like this all the time not just on the net.

Focus = my fun car.

[right][snapback]135574[/snapback][/right]

WAH WAH WAH....

MY car is better than yours??? grow up.

2001ZTS is probably the only person on this site that speaks any sence.

Way to push another good member out the door Jay. Hurry up and sell this place
<_< :rolleyes:
P-51,Aug 25 2005, 04: Wrote:
smith21,Aug 25 2005, 03:44 AM Wrote:no offence andrew, i would take jay's car before i would take either of your cars. And p-51, nice car, love the fact that it has style and power, but i still think jay's would take yours if you were to compete in a show and shine. But all in all, Andrew, i don't know why you hate on jay so much, is it cause your jelous or something? i really don't get it
[right][snapback]135556[/snapback][/right]

No doubt his would win in a show. Mine is used and imperfect. Stone chips, scratches, etc. It's unavoidable when a car get used like it does.

I've considered painting the headlights... in fact they were originally *close* to LG. But the paint wasn't a perfect match and I thought it looked worse. So I went straight black.

My image for the car is the Fiesta WRC concept, if you guys remember it. The silver Fiesta with blue stripes. It has the black headlights. Also, many rally cars (like the WRX) have black surrounds. That's the look I'm going for. A little less perfect aesthetically, but a little more mean and purposeful looking.

I've debated putting some blue on the exterior. I really like the look of the Fiesta WRC concept, but I also enjoy the my car "flying under the radar" as it were... ;)
[right][snapback]135606[/snapback][/right]

The look of the car looks sweet even without the side skirts. I gotta get my front bumper and skirts repainted. Rock chipped to s**t.

Hmm. My headlights turbed out super nice when they painted them how ever the rears I had the the same prob as you.
P-51,Aug 25 2005, 07: Wrote:My image for the car is the Fiesta WRC concept, if you guys remember it.  The silver Fiesta with blue stripes.  It has the black headlights.  Also, many rally cars (like the WRX) have black surrounds.  That's the look I'm going for.  A little less perfect aesthetically, but a little more mean and purposeful looking.

[right][snapback]135606[/snapback][/right]

I know the car you mean.....*drool*....aggggggggggggggggg

But, I'm a sucker for rally-cars and replicas....

I still miss EFF's car....that thing made me smile!!

p-51..don't put blue on the car, but your right about the headlights..I'd leave em black man....look at your car from a distance and coming around the track...looks pimp the way you have it....only thing better might be RS lights but..i dunno
microbunny,Aug 25 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:I still miss EFF's car....that thing made me smile!!
[right][snapback]135645[/snapback][/right]

You and me both!

Rob the car looks great, congrats for taking the time to do it right and doing it yourself!

What was the pressure drop like with the intercooler in place?? 1 or 2 psi max right? Also do you have any IAT temp comparisons with and without the IC and or before and after? One last question what sort of boost levels are you seeing now with the aerocharger? In the end you built the kit I always wanted small turbo A/W intercooler quick spool 220 ish HP which is all you will ever need to have a really good time out on the track!

Looks great though hope we can meet up at a track day some time next year should be fun to see both cars out on track!
Quote:I still miss EFF's car....that thing made me smile!!

I saw pics of his car not to long ago. I dunno what the guy was thinking that bought it but there slowing wrecking it.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 25 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:
Quote:I still miss EFF's car....that thing made me smile!!

I saw pics of his car not to long ago. I dunno what the guy was thinking that bought it but there slowing wrecking it.
[right][snapback]135669[/snapback][/right]

He is doing Ok with the car he is building some sort of crazy motor with Tom at the moment CGI block and everything. Last thing I saw was it had 6pot brembo's which I had never seen on a Focus before so it makes me wonder if they really match the car piston size etc. Personally I would just have gone to Todd for a kit.
ANTHONYD,Aug 25 2005, 07:17 AM Wrote:Way to push another good member out the door Jay. Hurry up and sell this place
<_<  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]135612[/snapback][/right]

**claps** Bravo! It's so great when everyone's complimenting Jay's car, but it's a no no when people criticise it. Rob and Andrew = people that work to afford the things they do to their cars. Sure he makes money? that's the point, son... without it, how are you gonna pay back that loan that you took to have a mAD SEeG Focus? If you were so lucky to be up till all hours of the morning chatting with 2001ZTS (especially when he's had a few too many), as Anthony, myself, and some of the others here have, you would soon realize his comments about other people's car aren't out of jealousy like some insecure people would believe. The man has been there and done that.. and can now afford to tell the tale.
Raine,Aug 25 2005, 11:14 AM Wrote:**claps** Bravo! It's so great when everyone's complimenting Jay's car, but it's a no no when people criticise it. Rob and Andrew = people that work to afford the things they do to their cars. Sure he makes money? that's the point, son... without it, how are you gonna pay back that loan that you took to have a mAD SEeG Focus? [right][snapback]135691[/snapback][/right]

OH MY LORD...ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS....IF THATS TRUE, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FUKIN LOSER EVER....WHO THE HELL GETS A LOAN TO DO COSMETIC MODS TO A FORD FOCUS?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,,IF NOT, THEN GOOD CAUSE THATS THE LAMEST, GAYEST, DUMBEST, MOST ASSININE THING I'VE HEARD ON HERE IN A LONG-LONG TIME...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frig guys, this post, is about Rob's car.

You guy have to trash every thread? :huh:

:rolleyes:
Flofocus,Aug 25 2005, 11:30 AM Wrote:Frig guys, this post, is about Rob's car.

You guy have to trash every thread?  :huh:

:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]135704[/snapback][/right]

Hey man..I talked about his car, mentioned some stuff, and gave my opinion..

and also did my regular 'whore' post...but I did a quality one first!!
Quote:Hmm. My headlights turbed out super nice when they painted them how ever the rears I had the the same prob as you.

My problem was I used a spray paint that was *close* to LG, but not perfect. So it didn't look right.

In person, without the skirts, there are still holes left down there. Looks dumb. I would at least need to cover and repaint the holes. But I think the skirts make the fenders look bigger, particularly yours. Some kind of optical illusion.

I am trying to put red tow hooks on it too, but I haven't found out a nice way of doing it yet.

Quote:Rob the car looks great, congrats for taking the time to do it right and doing it yourself!

What was the pressure drop like with the intercooler in place?? 1 or 2 psi max right? Also do you have any IAT temp comparisons with and without the IC and or before and after? One last question what sort of boost levels are you seeing now with the aerocharger? In the end you built the kit I always wanted small turbo A/W intercooler quick spool 220 ish HP which is all you will ever need to have a really good time out on the track!

Thanks man. The goal has always been performance first, but make it look like a professional quality tarmac rally car, never a show car.

It's hard to say on the pressure drop, since my boost controller has always been wacky. But somewhere around 0.5 to 2 PSI. Kinda depends on the where in the rev range it is. And also, a lot of it could be attributable to the stock TB.
I don't have any sort of temp measurements, but the difference is HUGE. The pipes would get scorching hot before. Untouchable. Now they are scorching hot before the IC, but basically air temp after it. Heck, the pipe between the TB and IC... at the IC end it's cold, and warms up at the TB end. Just from the heat conduction from the Intake manifold through the pipe. So the intercooler end is definitely cold.

The biggest thing, is NO heat soak at all on track. It's cool when I come into the pits after 20 minutes. Which is great. You just need a big enough front cooler.

I'm running about 9psi, but it moves around a bit. I want to set it up for 10psi, in the manifold.

The car is just unbelievably fun to drive now. The only thing I'd like to change is maybe to a GT28R so I don't have to worry about the turbo letting go. It would also let me go to 250-280, extending the upper powerband with some stage 1 cams or something. I want a 3000-7000rpm power band. Right now it still falls on it's face after 5000 like a Zetec. The suspension and brakes are perfect. The interior is a great driver's office.
Man, I love your car rob... lol, the brakes and suspension make me jealous. Those are the bilstien PSS9's right?
wow what a thread...............

But nice pic of the car there, I'm not a fan of the hellas after mine went ka-poot. but in the black on the car with the gray it looks good.
1st off Rob, love the car.. always have... my car wishes it could be like your car. but with 4 doors.

But it's got a loooooong way to go....

p.s. I bet that intercooler goes a long way to saving those 5-6 horses that got lost in the heatsoak last time I saw it dyno'd.

as for the 2001_ZTS vs ZX3TUNR debacle... people, it's just the freakin' internet. grow up.
P-51,Aug 25 2005, 02: Wrote:
FociPhil,Aug 24 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:hahaha barbie and blow up dolls...hahaha thats s**t is hilarious

if you put p51's performance, with jays looks, you might possibly have a pretty tight overall focus
[right][snapback]135305[/snapback][/right]

Huh? The cars look almost exactly the same... ? :huh:

Except for the doors. And skirts. And tails.

But my wang, I mean WING, is bigger! B)
[right][snapback]135509[/snapback][/right]

exactly the same...huh. Diffeerent doors, different tails, differnt size rims, colour matched headlights, skirts = NOT exactly the same...

dont get me wrong, its close, but jay takes you on the looks factor, but obviously your car its stoopid good on performance, its the definition of what a performance focus is...
Pages: 1 2 3