FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rolls Royce Gets Cheaper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sweet Deal...Now, I can realistically think about driving one! :rolleyes:

Report: Rolls-Royce plans 'cheaper' car

NEW YORK --- BMW, parent company of Rolls-Royce, is planning to release a smaller, less expensive Rolls than the company's current Phantom sedan, according to a report on Edmunds.com's Inside Line Website.

The sticker price of the Phantom, which is currently RollsRoyce's only car, starts at about $340,000.

The new car would sell for about $300,000, according to the report, which quoted from an interview with BMW development chief Burkhard Goeschel. The interview was published in the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag.

The Rolls-Royce Phantom, introduced in 2003, has failed to meet expected sales volumes, according to the report.

The most successful segment of the ultra-luxury car market has been vehicles priced over $150,000 but less than $300,000, according to Inside Line. Bentley, Rolls-Royce's former sister-company and now a subsidiary of Volkswagen, has seen success in that arena with its Bentley Continental GT costing about $156,000.

Plans for the car are still preliminary and it is not expected to be released until about 2010, according to the report.
Bah... Why would someone buy one of those things?!? I'd rather buy an ASTON MARTIN DB5...
its just a very expensive limo thats why
very expensive mini limo
I'd rather buy something that might appreciate in value.. like a house...
If you were actually in the market for a 300,000 car... I'm sure you'd have lots of houses already lol
BrooksZX3,Aug 23 2005, 02:59 PM Wrote:If you were actually in the market for a 300,000 car... I'm sure you'd have lots of houses already lol
[right][snapback]134952[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. Throw in a couple of Jackhammers, then you have the Ultra Pimp ride.

Straight to Ridiculous Cost. Straight to Ridiculous Base. :D
what could they possible make the car out of to make it remotely worth $300000 other than gold?
only $300,000.00 USD is not bad till you do the change over to canadian..... then it's the same price as the " more expensive " model, but then again why waste over $300K on a car you more or less would never drive, only to be driven in :huh: ??
Frost__2001,Aug 24 2005, 12:39 AM Wrote:only $300,000.00 USD is not bad till you do the change over to canadian..... then it's the same price as the  " more expensive " model, but then again why waste over $300K on a car you more or less would never drive, only to be driven in  :huh: ??
[right][snapback]135050[/snapback][/right]

I would buy that car and drive coast to coast doing my own version of bangbus... but call it something like bang-rolls. who wants to be the driver?
Pardon me, Do you have any grey pupon?
Crazirich,Aug 24 2005, 04:18 PM Wrote:Pardon me, Do you have any grey pupon?
[right][snapback]135375[/snapback][/right]
but of course!
The new car would sell for about $300,000... haha yeah... right!