FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Make Oil Out Of.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kinda reminds me of Back to the Future Part II where they changed the fuel from Plutonium to banana peels and beer cans.
Cool if you want our children to be breathing smog the same as us... should be making steps towards a cleaner fuel source
The notion that we could dissolve land fill sites sounds like a pretty good thing to me in helping the environment. We'll probably always use oil in some fashion regardless. I like it. Hard to fathom how much garbage we create in a day.
that's an interesting article. I'd like to see all this happen first hand. Seems a little far fetched, but, very possible, and if it lowers gas prices, i'm happy!
i really need a flux capacitor on my car...but how will i get 1.1 Gigawatts??? hmmmm....
Slimsride,Aug 23 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:i really need a flux capacitor on my car...but how will i get 1.1 Gigawatts???  hmmmm....
[right][snapback]134937[/snapback][/right]

Ummm, I believe it's 1.21 GW :rolleyes: :lol:

I would like to see it first hand too. I took a Materials course last year and polymerization was part of the organic compound unit, so I can definitely see how this is possible... neat idea.
BrooksZX3,Aug 23 2005, 12:58 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Aug 23 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:i really need a flux capacitor on my car...but how will i get 1.1 Gigawatts???  hmmmm....
[right][snapback]134937[/snapback][/right]

Ummm, I believe it's 1.21 GW :rolleyes: :lol:

I would like to see it first hand too. I took a Materials course last year and polymerization was part of the organic compound unit, so I can definitely see how this is possible... neat idea.
[right][snapback]134951[/snapback][/right]

that's right..it is 1.21...dam..it's been a while since i saw the flick...LOL
I dunno, the article sounds good, but even the article raises serious questions such as the actual efficency of a large scale plant.

While it would of course be a wonderful thing to reduce the amount of garbage and turn it into something useful again, won't there come a point where there isn't enough trash being produced to keep the plants going?

Just feel like questioning things again :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 23 2005, 02:26 PM Wrote:I dunno, the article sounds good, but even the article raises serious questions such as the actual efficency of a large scale plant. 

While it would of course be a wonderful thing to reduce the amount of garbage and turn it into something useful again, won't there come a point where there isn't enough trash being produced to keep the plants going?

Just feel like questioning things again  :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]134962[/snapback][/right]

This device wouldn't cut back ont he amount of garbage being produced, but rather just our method of handling it as it accumulates... I think something like this would sooner encourage MORE garbage to be produced because people wouldn't feel bad for doing so. I think recycling initiatives would go to s**t pretty quickly and we'd have more than enough fuel for the fires so to speak
talk about finding new, creative ways to distribute pollution.

it could work, how much energy would it take to make a barrel of this fuel and how much would that barrel cost.
it's a really good Idea, wonder how long it would really take to make cars run on garbage, instead of being garbage in most cases lol.... :lol:
interseting article but , why have i never heard of this thing before?
well that makes complete sense. Its kinda funny that this article came up. This one old guy I hang out with was talking about TDP for a while mentioning how it would take a branch on a tree 65 thousand years to convert that branch into a useable oil, however if that branch were to get under the earths crust through an earthquake and came in contact with the molten lava under teh crust and were to break down would eventually become oil....which afterwards would become natural gas...which after would detonate.

He told me to take a preasure cooker, take a branch and put it in the cooker and it will convert into oil over short time. I haven't tried this but it definately interests me.
smith21,Aug 23 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:that's an interesting article. I'd like to see all this happen first hand. Seems a little far fetched, but, very possible, and if it lowers gas prices, i'm happy!
[right][snapback]134934[/snapback][/right]

\
yesterday on the radio I heard the national average in Canada was $1.10tre while in saudi ( I think ) it was 4.3 cent tre

hmm the terrorists have won this round
MARTY!!!!WE HAVE TO GO BACK, TO THE FUTURE
^^^ :rofl: